004

𝚈𝙴𝙼𝙸 𝙰𝙳𝙰𝙴𝚉𝙴 𝙱𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙾𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽,𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

𝚈𝙴𝙼𝙸 𝙰𝙳𝙰𝙴𝚉𝙴 𝙱𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙾
𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽,𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

The smell of jollof rice filled the entire downstairs kitchen as the familiar beat of Collabo by P-Square blasted in the background through the huge speakers of her mother and father's home. Yemi stood in the kitchen with her mother helping to make the food for the family. Preparation of Nigerian food was always the longest but yet most satisfying in the end.

Yemi's mother Ogechi, danced to the music while she stood by the stove stirring the pot of Ocra soup. Yemi nodded her head along to the beat while she made pof-pof and made sure the oil didn't pop her. The two had been in the kitchen for over 2 1/2 hours just cooking while Yemi's dad relaxed and watched TV.

"Yemi check the rice." Said Yemis mother in her strong accent. "And wake your father up because I know he is asleep on that chair." The short woman frowned slightly as she took the pot off the stove with her bare hands.

Yemi was always amazed at the fact that her mother could carry things as if they're not hot, and she couldn't because  when she tried to she nearly dies from second degree burns.

Yemi had quickly gotten used to the customs of the United States due to watching a lot of TV unlike her parents who looked at everyone as if they were aliens.  Before Yemi went and checked on her dad, she checked the pan of rice in the oven and then turned off the oven.

"Dad mummy said to wake up." Yemi shook her fathers arm.

"Wake up for what? Can't you people see that I am resting." Her father Adonis said jokingly as he rubbed his eyes.

"Abeg you've been resting the past 3 hours, no more rest." Yemi said with a smile on her face. Her and her dad had always been close compared to her mother. Her and her mother  always bumped heads due to their attitudes being too much alike.

"Did your mama make my fufu?" Asked Yemis father making her roll her eyes.

"Go and see for yourself, stretch that your two legs." Yemi said.

"You will be the death of me." Yemi's father said as he got up from his white leather couch he loved so much.

Yemi followed him back to the kitchen and planted a kiss on her mother's cheek.

"What is your rush? Where are you rushing off to?" Asked her mother frowning. "You want to carry your food and go, nonsense."

"Abeg, make you make trouble bout everything I wan do. I'll stay for lunch." Yemi said making her mother's face light up. Her mother was as spoiled as it gets.