005

𝙺𝙾𝙵𝙸 𝚉𝙰𝙸𝚁𝙴 𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽,𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

𝙺𝙾𝙵𝙸 𝚉𝙰𝙸𝚁𝙴 𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙽
𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽,𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

Kofi reclined back in the leather seat of his 1978 Cadillac coupe as he drove slowly down the street of his neighborhood with one hand on the wheel. He held a blunt between his lips as he bopped his head along to Good Life by Kanye West. Many people didn't approve of him listening to Kanye West because they claimed he was lost, but he didnt care for none of that. Kofi always thought Kanye was a vibe no matter what and he wasn't really into the cancel culture as everyone else was.

He rode slowly past the local playground that had been taken over by gangs and shook his head seeing how downhill everything had went. He stepped on his break using his left foot,  and pressed the horn just as a kid was about to jump in front of his car to retrieve a rolling ball. 

"Sorry Kofi!" The kid yelled out retrieving the ball when they noticed he came to a full stop.

"All good, be safe out here, you know them boys out today." He said referring to the gangs who lurked around the corner of the neighborhood.

"Yes I know." He sighed. "I wish theyd go away."

"I wish they did too lil man, but be safe out here." Kofi exhaled the smoke from his blunt as he slowly lifted off the break and tapped on the gas.

"He's so cute!" He heard a young girl say as he passed by.

"Girl we are 10, hes like 30." He heard her friend say making him chuckle as he pressed more firmly down on the gas.

He mumbled the lyrics to the song as he rode down to his grandmothers house and parked in the drive way. He almost never stayed at his own spot because he preferred to feel the presence of other people, and his home was just too quiet. He already had many thoughts that went on in his head so he didn't want to be home where all he could do is think.

He got out the car with his blunt in his hand and stretched after closing the door to his car. He made sure the doors were locked because of the local thieves and went up to the porch and sat down in the classic off white plastic lawn chair. He breathed in the fresh air and chuckled at the distinct smell of rain on its way. He took a pull from his blunt and turned his head to the right when the door opens and out comes his pops and grandmother.

"I thought I heard your ass," said Tamar shaking her head as she checked her purse. She glanced up the street and saw the gangs crowding by the corner of the street and shook her head. "Them boys ain't nothing but trouble, at least the real OGs ain't bring this damn violence over here like they do."