Chapter 5

The next day had already come. I woke up with sweat dripping down my forehead. I had had a terrible nightmare. I had seen that I was in a cemetery yard. It had hardly started to dawn. I was holding a book in my hands. I was walking alone among the graves when suddenly Liam and Harry appeared in front of me. I knew I had to save one of them. But I could never choose the one over the other.

"Do it, Kathie. Do it quickly. Don't think about it too much. Do something." Liam yelled at me.

"You have to save Liam because this is who you truly love. Otherwise it won't work." Harry said looking at me with desperate eyes.

"No, Harry. We have come here for you. You are the one who needs to be saved." Liam said to Harry losing his temper.

"I'm not the one, Liam. You are and we both know it." Harry said back to Liam matching his tone.

"Stop! Both of you! I can't take it anymore. I can't keep holding on anymore!" I said falling down on my knees. I broke down crying. I was a mess.

I picked a knife out of my pocket and stabbed the book. A black smoke was coming out of the book after I had thrown it away. I looked over at Harry and Liam. Their figures were fading away until they had disappeared completely.

Right at that moment, I woke up. My head was killing me. I got out of my bed and went to the living room where Liam and Harry were sleeping. I noticed that Liam was awake.

When he saw me, he realized that I was upset about something. He stood up and came to where I was standing while being careful not to wake Harry up.

"What happened to you?" He said putting gently his hand on my cheek rubbing the spot right under my eye with his thumb.

"Nothing." I said back to him while taking his hand away from my face. I went to the kitchen and he followed me.

"You were screaming in your sleep all night long. Tell me the truth." He said while sitting on the chair that was beside him.

"I just had a nightmare." I said while pouring some coffee in my cup.

"What was it about?" He asked insisting.

"I don't remember. It was just scary." I said taking a sip of coffee.

"Did you hear the conversation I had with Harry yesterday?" He said looking straight into my eyes. He knew that I was going to tell the truth if he did that but I was not going to do him this favor. Not this time.

"What conversation? No. I heard nothing." I said as convincing as I could.

"Are you sure, Kathie?" He was trying to test me but I wasn't giving in.

"Absolutely. I have no reason to lie to you. But if it was so important, why do I not have the right to be aware of it? We are supposed to be a team. We are together in this, aren't we? Why would you keep secrets from me?" I asked just to see if he was going to tell me everything.

"It's not that. You are better off not being aware of any of this." He said upset, standing up and leaving the kitchen.

I couldn't take it. His behavior was weird as hell and that was pissing me off. Why would he keep secrets from me? I thought he cared. But I was wrong. I kicked the chair on which he was sitting a few minutes ago causing a loud noise.

I followed him in the living room. I was pissed off. I was angry and I had to take it out. So, I decided to take it out on him.

"I know everything, Liam! I heard you and Harry. Why should I not know about this?" I yelled at him at the top of my lungs while pushing him. He was getting on my nerves.

"It was something that I wanted only Harry to know but of course you decided to eavesdrop as always." He yelled back at me. What the heck? Who did he think he was?

"As long as you're not telling me anything, I have the right to do so!" I yelled again. He was going to take all his anger out on me but he was doing a great job at keeping it in.

"You need to understand that you must not know about it." He said making an effort not to lose his temper.

"Why? That's what I can't seem to understand! The reason why you can't trust me with this!" I yelled at his face. I kept pushing him with so much more force than before.

He grabbed my hands stopping me. My back hit the wall and his body towered mine. His face inches away from mine. I could barely breath.

"For your damn sake, Kathie." He said while getting even closer.

"No..." I didn't get to finish my sentence. I was interrupted by his lips crashing on mine. Our bodies collided with each other. I was trying to pull back but I barely had any place to do so. He could not keep doing that whenever he was feeling like it.

"What is going on here?" Harry interrupted us yelling at us angry and upset.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." Said Liam getting away from me. He took his jacket and left the house.

I was out of my mind. I went to my room otherwise Harry would make me talk to him and I was really not in the mood.

After a few minutes of complete silence, I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I opened the door and there was standing Alisa.

"What's wrong, Kathie?" She might have heard our earlier arguing. She looked worried.

"Nothing, Alisa. I don't want to talk about it." I said sitting on my bed. She sat right beside me and took my hand in hers looking deep into my eyes.

"But I need to know. I am your sister. I care about you. Now tell me, Kathie. What happened out there earlier?" She asked me again. I had to tell her.

I told her everything about Liam and Harry's conversation and what they had said about that book that could bring Niall back to life. Alisa needed to know about that. Unlike some people in that house, I didn't like to keep secrets from my friends and family.

"There is a way to bring Niall back. There is, Kathie. We can save him. He will come back. Right?" She kept repeating those words. She was happy. She had hope inside her.

"If this book still exists, we can bring him back." I said smiling slightly. I didn't want to get her hopes up.

"I knew it. I knew he was not dead." She said smiling from ear to ear.

"Liam left." I said out of nowhere. I didn't even realize I had said that. I was too weak to control my actions. He left. He left me.

"What?" Alisa asked dumbfounded.

"Liam left. He left and I don't know if he is coming back. I don't even know where he is." I said devastated. The fact that he denied that there was something between us was killing me.

"I know where he is." She said. She stood up from the bed and left the house in a hurry.

The only thing I was thinking about was how I would stay away from Liam. I had feelings unlike him and I loved him but he was too blind to see that...

A/N: Hellooo world!!!! It's been a while since I've last uploaded a new chapter. And I apologise for that. Hope you're all good!!!!!!!!!!! And a late Happy New Year from me. I wish the best for you and your family/ friends!!!! Make 2015 unforgettable and play by just one rule: Y.O.L.O.!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of love <3

~ Katherine :)