Chapter 16

Liam's POV.

I was feeling like I was going to die. The pain was even more intense now. I couldn't bear  it anymore. I fell to the ground again but I knew I had to get back on my feet soon. I needed to keep moving. 

I closed my eyes and focused on her image. Her smile and eyes were all I needed to see right now. She could always make things better. She knew how to deal with me and my moody attitude. I wasn't feeling the pain anymore. Seeing her in my thoughts was really helpful. 

Hours had passed. I had to start walking again. I didn't have any time to waste. I would lose her forever. The pain was no longer torturing me. I stood back on my feet. I took the chains off my hands. I looked at my hands and I noticed that the chains had left bruises on them. 

As soon as I stood up, I decided to look for a way out of the room I was in. I was walking across that place hoping to get away. All I could see was the walls. I was getting more and more desparate as time passed. I wasn't going anywhere and that had put me into terrible thoughts.

I collapsed on the ground. I needed to be close to her but I couldn't get away. I was so done. An exit. That was my only thought. 

I touched the ground and I felt that it had become harder like there was something underneath. I started digging without giving it a second thought. I finally reached trapdoor. I opened it. 

It was way too dark inside but that was the last thing I was thinking about. I had to find her no matter what I had to do because a love like ours cannot end like that. I jumped into the trapdoor.

I landed so hard on the ground which was wet. I was covered in mud. There was water somewhere close to where I was. But how was that even possible?

I got up and tried to clean myself up a bit. I still couldn't see anything. I touched the wall around me and it seemed like I was in a tunnel. I started walking along the wall. I was walking and walking endlessly. 

After a long while, I could see a weird glimpse of light. It was at the end of the tunnel. The light was getting brighter as I walking closer. I could see everything clearly now. I looked around me. There was a path in front of me. 

When I walked out of the tunnel, I noticed that the light I was seeing was coming from the lava that was flowing along the path. I had no idea of where I was. So, I kept walking in hope of finding an answer. After all, there was no going back now. It was too late to turn back.

I was walking when I heard a sound near me. I looked behind me and noticed that someone was coming my way. I hid behind a huge rock that was right beside me. I looked at where the sound was coming from. I saw two demons coming closer and closer. They stopped right in front of where I was hiding. My breath was heavier now. I had to be completely quiet. 

"Are you sure it was him?" The demon that was facing me said while the other one was standing with his back towards me. 

"I told you it was him. I am pretty sure. Luke is the only one with such powers. He is stronger than we think." The other demon answered.

"Why did he destroy the rest of them?" The demon asked again.

"I don't know why he did it. I am glad I stayed back and just watched." 

"I don't understand." The demon said in confusion.

"Me neither. But he wasn't alone and he had another form." The other demon said in a matching tone.

"Who was with him?" The demon asked.

"I didn't recognize them. They weren't demons like us. Some of them were vampires and some were werewolves." 

"Why is he with them. He is looking for her sister." The demon said shocked.

"They may be able to lead him to her." 

"But she can't be here. What could she be doing here? He was the one who told us that his sister is alive but in a human form."

"Maybe his sister is looking for that guy that Luke told us to catch. That's a possible reason for her to be here." 

"It is but why didn't he warn us about it?" 

"Perhaps he can't reveal himself. We both know that Kathie is very powerful, probably more than he is." 

I couldn't believe in my ears. Those demons were talking baout Kathie like she was one of them. But Kathie didn't have a brother. What were they talking about? Maybe they were talking about someone else and I just misheard the name.

"Lead me to the place that you saw them. We will follow him. I bet he will need our help." The demon said to the other.

The demon that was facing me started walking away, following a path between two walls. I hadn't noticed that there was a path there. I got out of my hiding place and followed them. They would probably give me the answer I was looking for and maybe I would find Kathie. I was hoping to find her this time...

A/N: Hello!!!!!!!! How are you guys? Here's Chapter 16 and I really do hope you like it. It took me a loooong while to update but finally did it. So happy to share with you this chapter because it's Liam's thoughts on how he goes through hell, like literally. Ok, if you like it, don't forget to vote!!! Thank youuu!!!! Lots of love

- Katherine.