003.

KHAMARI 'MARI' ROBEETSON
URBAN INK | HARLEM, NEW YORK
JULY 9TH 2020 | 2:30 P.M

"YO Mari?" I paused on my client's tattoo and looked up and seen one of my co-workers Jay

"YO Mari?" I paused on my client's tattoo and looked up and seen one of my co-workers Jay. "A package got dropped off for you, it's in the front behind reception." I nodded and went back to tattooing. Which made Jay close the door and go back. I had been here since 11 AM and was going on my second client.

"You're doin' good. I thought this was your first time?" I questioned making small talk over the music playing lowly. She was breathing calmly, laying on her side with her leg propped up.

"It is, but it's not as painful as I thought." She said laughing a little. I nodded. "Plus I have some good eye candy." I laughed and shook my head. I ain't even replying to shawty. I just kept on with the tattoo.

" We got about 2 hours left." I notified her and she nodded. I guess she caught the drift.

5:24 P.M

MY client left about 45 minutes ago. I had been wiping everything down with sanitizer wipes and disposing of all needles and tissues used on her. I honestly couldn't wait to get into my car, so I could light an L and relax. My hand was cramping up and I needed a good shower.

My phone started going off, I picked it up to see it was Lee. "Yo?" I held the phone up to my ear as I started packing my stuff up into the locker in my room. What I didn't have time for is these niggas stealing my ink, or any other items I worked hard to get.

"Yo, you off yet? I just got out." She questioned. I could hear low music playing meaning she was leaving out of the restaurant. Lee worked at a small Spanish restaurant as a sous chef. When I say my son threw down, I mean it.

"Yeah bro, I'm locking up my shit, and then imma' be out." I put my pad-lock onto the locker and locked it. Doing a quick check around the room, I started walking out.

"Ight bet, Imma be at ya house in 30. I'll pick up some Dominos." She exclaimed. I kept walking out and nodded at Celina, the receptionist. She smiled, putting her hand up I'm assuming to catch my attention.

"Sounds good, be there in like 20." I hung up and made my way over to the desk. "Wassup?"

"You almost forgot your package." She handed me the box from Amazon. I always shipped my stuff here since people in my building tended to have sticky fingers.

"Appreciate it." I tucked the box under my arm as I turned to head out, not bothering to hold a conversation with her. Once I got inside of the car my phone automatically connected and started playing some Yung Bleu. I took off driving to the crib.

Lee and I had been roommates since we were 17, we secured the apartment with the help of Mama D and Harley's parent. But eventually Shay became a problem. I was tired of waking up to arguing or not being able to go to sleep, or just being in the middle of her mess. I wasn't gonna' lose my right hand over no bitch, so I moved and Shay became her roommate. But that doesn't mean Lee still don't be at my place 24/7.

KHAMARI'S RESIDENCE | HARLEM, NEW YORK

I WALKED in to see Lee sitting on the couch with the pizza sitting on the coffee table. "Wassup?" I dapped her up and slid my shoes off.

"I'm staying here tonight bro, I can't deal with Shay." She said blowing a breath. She lifted a blunt with her hand and handed it to me.

"Cool, you know where the sheets at." I shrugged taking a pull. "I'm so grateful I ain't got no girl." Lee laughed as she went to go grab her sheets.

"You say that now." I shrugged. I ain't want no female under me 24/7, I already got Lee up under me half the day.

"Nah I mean that shit, I done watched all ya' relationships. I don't want no parts of that shit." I said as I passed the blunt to Lee. I was too young to be wildin' out over some female. Could not and would not be me.

"Yea, yea" Lee said waving her hand dismissively. "You need a bitch, you so damn angry." She said making us both laugh.

"Shit, I need to nut. Not no bitch." I exclaimed making us laugh even harder.

"You lil' nasty." Lee scrunched up her face.

-
This is still a filler!