Chapter 1: The beginning of a not-so-happy ever after

Have you ever thought that reincarnating was possible? Ever dreamt of it happening? Well, honestly, feel free to take this curse I have received then because the last thing I wanted was to wake up in this shitty game. But that wasn't even the worse part. The worse part is that, sadly, I've been reincarnated as the villainess, who didn't survive even through the prologue.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I... looked much different from how I looked before. How did I look before transmigrating? Does it honestly matter? Right now, I had pale as snow skin, that made my wine red eyes look even more intimidating. My black hair was neatly put into a half-up bun, though, my new hair didn't go below my shoulders.

Outside of that, my body didn't seem to have changed much outside of how it was before. My breasts seem to be of the same size, same for my hips. And my... um, privates were the same too. I'm not too surprised, seeing as the villainess was customizable too, even if she did die pretty soon.

(Y/n) Salems. The villainess and I shared the same name, but not the same last name. Because she has lived so little, no one had explained what the last name meant, if it even meant anything. For now, all I knew was that I am doomed unless I do something. Escaping was not an option, as that was a bad end that the villainess received.

There had been several bad ends for the villainess in the prologue. And one of those bad ends was being homeless and then starting to sell her body, because she had no other options, and eventually dying from some sort of disease.

I wasn't sure if that would happen to me or not, but the last thing I needed was to play with fate. I was desperate, but not desperate enough to run out into a secured bad end. At least, while staying in the mansion, I had a few days before the true bad ends would start appearing, and honestly, that gave me the time to try and see if I could get around.

With a tired look on my face, I took a step back from the mirror that was in my room. My room was... Well, it wasn't in the best of shapes, but it didn't matter. If I was lucky, I wouldn't stay here for long, and if fate didn't want to be on my side, I will fix this dump up as I go. For now, I need to do something more important and that is to try and talk with some specific skeletons.

As Embarrassing as it is to admit, but I've actually played the game before and played almost all routes and many secret ones too. It wasn't because the game was good, but it was because the game was so bad... It was good in its own twisted way.

Of course, because I'll probably change the course of the storyline quite drastically with how I'll behave, I can't completely rely on my knowledge. Well, it's good that wasn't what I was planning on doing.

You see, because of the game, I've come to know the characters and what they want, what they need, and such. Because of that, if I target the weakest out of everyone to try and pull as my ticket to safety, then I'll be able to survive pretty well.

It was risky, I knew that much, but was there anything else I could do? I wanted to live. I wanted to try and keep kicking for as long as possible before I lose my mind...

***THIRD POINT OF VIEW***

The woman slowly opened the door, exiting her new room. She stood straight, forced confidence radiating from every step she took, as she walked towards the staircase, and down.

Worry was filling her mind, as horrible possibilities flooded her, but she didn't let that move her. Didn't let her turn around, and not go through with her plan. She had to survive, and she wouldn't be able to do that if she was just like a sitting duck.