Chapter 4: Smoothing old wounds

When (Y/n) asked to meet with Hickory, she never expected to end such a situation. What was the situation? Well, nothing too special. Hickory just trying to clean out his head wound.

(y/n) wasn't sure why but watching it was making her feel uncomfortable. Not every day you would see someone trying to clean out their head wound. Especially with how big they were.

(Y/n) knew that Hickory was a big skeleton, but she never thought that he would have been this big in real life. He thought that he was tall, yes, but he looked like he could barely fit into his room while sitting down. She had never met someone that was so big. She didn't think that was even humanly possible.

"BROTHER?" Tatters asked as he was slouching down inside the room. Tatters was madly tall and extremely thin. He too barely looked like he fit inside of the room, even if he was slouched down.

"..." Hickory didn't reply to Tatters, but he glanced over to (Y/n). The one single red eyelight made her heartbeat quicken with fear. But she didn't let the fear move to her face, as she stood there, staring back at him.

The silence was all that filled the room for a few seconds, before Hickory returned to cleaning his wound, as Tatters looked over to (y/n), a sorry smile on his face, as he let out a shaky sigh.

"BROTHER... THIS IS... MY FRIEND!" Tatters tried to talk to Hickory again, but this time Hickory didn't stop to look at the two again, continuing to work on his skull.

"...HER NAME IS.. (Y/N)!" Tatters continued, him playing with his own fingers. The relationship here seemed quite different between the two than in the game... Was something wrong? Was Hickory so ignorant towards Tatters because of the wound? That would make sense...

"... Hey," she said, finally catching Hickory's attention, as he stopped, looking at her again. This time, her heartbeat didn't quicken, as she stared at him. The next thing she did, she wasn't sure if she regretted it, or if she felt proud of herself.

"Want me to help you?" She said as Hickory's intense stare didn't move from her. The silence was again the only thing inside the room, as she added. "I mean, with your head."

"... MY BROTHER... PROBABLY GOT... HURT AGAIN..." Tatters said, as Hickory finally grunted, slowly nodding his head, as he winced. It seemed that the reason that he wasn't talking was that moving hurt him.

"... Moving hurts, doesn't it?" (y/n) asked, before taking a slow step closer to him. "Come on, I'll help you... I promise, I'll be very gentle" She said, finally, a small smile appearing on her face.

Hickory glanced at Tatters, as the guy gave him a thumbs up, with a comforting smile. "..." Hickory didn't say anything, handing the cloth over to (Y/n) with a hasty movement, before closing his only working eyelight.

For the next few minutes, (y/n) worked on cleaning out the dusting hole in Hickory's head, as Tatters continued to tell Hickory all that happened in the past few days since she arrived.

It seemed that Hickory was quite relaxed at that, that from time to time, he would even reply, and she could have sworn, that he had given her a small grin too, before returning all of his attention to Tatters.

"... Here we go" (y/n) finally said, as she placed the cloth down. Hickory still seemed to be in pain, but it wasn't as bad as before. Seeing as Tatters wasn't asking what happened, she decided to not enquire about it either. She thought it was inappropriate to ask something like this to someone she just met. Besides, she didn't want to anger the other.

".. Thank you," Hickory said, surprising her, as that was the first time he spoke up. His voice was deep, like a rumble from deep within, and she would be lying if she said that it wasn't attractive.