~ 9 ~

When we got up to my room, I finally let go of Jack and went to curl up on bed.

I stared at wall, semi-curled up.

Jack sat down in the chair that I had at the desk in my room.

"Bexley," he said.

I looked over to him, but other than that I didn't move.

"Bexley, I'm sorry," he said.

I sat up.

For the first time in a while, I knew that someone else actually meant it when they said those to words.

I knew that Jack was truly sorry for what had happened to my mother. He almost had an empathetic look in his face, as if he knew what this pain was like.

I made a mental note to ask him about it later when I wasn't a fucking mess.

"She was the only family I've ever known. And now she's gone," I said.

Jack liked a little shocked that I was actually talking to him.

We sat there in silence for a few moments.

..... I wish I knew how I could help her.....

"What'd you say?" I asked.

Jack looked at me, confused.

"I didn't say anything. I just thought," he said, then a quick look of realization washed over his face.

"What?" I asked.

"We can talk about it later. Right now you need to get cleaned up," he said.

I didn't move.

"Bexley, please. Besides, you don't want to stay in bloody clothes," he said.

I sighed.

"Okay. You can go on downstairs. I'll come down when I'm done," I said lightly, still coming out of the shock.

Jack nodded and gave a small smile and walked out.

I kicked my shoes off, then thudding on the floor. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of black sweatpants that had the word 'lost' written down the side in white letters. Along with that, I had a black Melanie Martinez shirt.

I went and hopped in the shower, just standing there and letting the warm water run over my skin, washing the dried blood off.

By the time I got out of the shower, my skin was red from the heat and all the scrubbing that I did.

I slipped on the clothes and brushed my hair, then walked out and threw my clothes in the trash. There was no sense in trying to get all of the blood out.

I headed down the stairs and rounded the corner when I got to the body, walking into the living room.

Jack and the man in the trench coat sat on the couch. The other two were no where to be seen.

"Bexley," said the man in the trench coat. "This isn't the best time for introductions, given the effect that recent events have had on you, but taking the other circumstances that you are yet to be aware of, you need to know who I am. My name is Castiel. And.... I'm an angel."

I stared at him. Oddly enough, I wasn't shocked that he was an angel- for some reason my brain had easily accepted the thirty of what's out there- but it was the fact that an angel had crossed paths with me, and that he was wearing a trench coat.

"Okay," I said.

Just then the back door opened, and the other two men walked in.

The taller on walked through the kitchen, making his way to the living room, the other- who I believe was Dean- following.

"Bexley, I'm sorry for what happened. I know it's hard, losing someone you love. But you'll make it out eventually, okay?" Said the tall man.

I nodded. Just based off of how they talk and look, I could already tell that this man tended to be more empathetic and caring than Dean was.

"I'm Sam. John was my father as well, so I guess that makes me your brother," said Sam.

"And you already know me," said Dean.

"Now, let's go outside and give your mother a proper send-off, okay?" said Dean.

"What?" I asked, confused as to what he meant by that.

"All hunters get a special type of funeral. It's like our idea of purifying the soul and making sure it can't stay behind and get corrupted. I'm going to tell you this, and it may disturb you a little, but believe me, it's safe and helps your mother's soul. As hunters, we salt and burn bodies," said Sam, concern in his eyes.

Again, I nodded, taking then information in.

"If it's okay with you Bexley, we'd like to do the funeral now, or at least soon. The longer your mother's body is here, the more likely it is for her soul to get stuck," said Castiel.

"O-okay. I think I'm ready to do it now that way she can't get stuck," I said.

Then it dawned on me. "Wait, isn't her- isn't her body still at the old sawmill?"

"Don't worry kid. Sam and I grabbed her before we left. We figured you'd want to say goodbye on your own terms. We also built the pyre while you were getting cleaned up, so it's ready when you are. All we need are some old sheets," said Dean.

"Okay. I'll go get them," I said quietly.

I headed up the stairs and went to the closet in the hall, grabbing an old pair of cream colored sheets.

I brought them back down handed them to Dean, who then headed back outside with Sam.

"Bexley, please sit down. There is something else that you need to know," said Castiel, gesturing to the couch.

Without even thinking about, I walked over and sat down next to Jack.

There was something about being this close to him that made me feel safe, calm almost. And I wasn't in a romantic way, although I will admit that I though Jack was kinda hot.

But this feeling was more along the lines of trust, as if somehow I knew that he would always protect me.

Castiel cleared his throat, getting my attention.

"Okay. It's time you get to know Jack,."