~ 8 ~

Willow was right.

Well, she was half right.

Becoming a human slurpy was painful, but it certainly wasn't the most painful thing I'd ever felt in my life.

Countless times before, there had been moments where my emotional pain was double this.

I could vaguely hear my mother screaming at her, but I was to focused on not focusing on the pain.

As annoying as it was, Macarena did come in handy in this instant.

Willow pulled away, and I could feel blood begin to ooze down my neck, the lack of it in my body already starting to make me lightheaded.

I watched as she walked over to my mother, a sinister smile coated in my blood.

Finally, the screw popped out of its place, and I began to saw at the rope that was holding me in place.

"Watch this," Willow hissed at me before before leaning down and latching herself to my mother's throat.

"Nooo!" I screamed, the volume off it enough to echo throughout the whole building.

My mother gasped, and Willow didn't stop feeding.

I worked the screw more, trying to get it to break the the ropes, a sudden wave off adrenaline temporarily bypassing the exhaustion from lack of blood.

After what seemed like forever, the rope broke and I charged.

Only I was too late.

With one last gasp for air, my mom went limp, and Willow cut her eyes at me before literally ripping my mom's throat out.

I didn't stop moving. I was bound and determined to put some damage on this bitch.

Willow noticed me charging, but what she didn't expect was that I still had the screw in my hand.

And she sure seemed surprised when I jammed it into her eye socket.

She screamed for a few seconds, then pulled it out, wincing.

"You fucking little slut! You fucking bitch!" She said, grabbing my throat and slamming me against the wall with her unusual speed.

"I am going to drain you down to the last dr-"

I kicked her knee towards the other, a crunch telling me I was successful.

She fell and I was blinded with rage. I punched her relentlessly, only it looked like she wasn't taking any damage.

She kicked me in the gut, sending me flying across the room.

At this point, any adrenaline I had in my system before was gone.

I was woozy and my vision was beginning to blur, my body remember that I had a huge hole in my neck.

But before Willow could do anything else, the old metal door burst open.

I couldn't tell much about them, but I knew that there were four.

One of them ran over to Willow and chopped her head off. Another looked around for more vampires. The other two ran to me.

My hearing had started to fade out too, so I could t hear what they were saying as they talked.

The other two ran over.

For a brief moment, my eyes focused on the face that was closest to mine.

"J-Jack?" I managed to stutter out.

It was indeed Jack, only his eyes were glowing a golden-amber color, and he placed his hand on my bleeding neck.

A warm, comforting sensation ran through my whole body, then everything was fine.

I shot upright, gasping, the ease and naturalness of breathing coming back to me.

"My mom," I said before starting to cry.

Tears ran down my face, leaving a burning feeling in their path.

I clung to Jack, completely disregarding the fact that I had met him less than twenty-four hours ago.

But what really shocked me is that he didn't hesitate to hug me back.

The next few things were a blur.

The shorter man without the tan coat turned to the other coat-less man, muttering something.

The taller one of the two theme went over and grabbed my mom's body.

I didn't question it.

The next thing I knew we were in car.

Jack was sitting next to me, and I had gone from holding on to him to burying my head in his shoulder.

He in turn had his arm around me, his hand on my back.

There as something about being in his arms that was comforting, something that made me feel somewhat safe.

I had stopped crying, but still had the occasional sniffle or tear.

Yet again, the scene changed and we were suddenly in front of my house.

I leaned against Jack as we walked up to the front door, his arm still around me for support.

I was aware that there were other men with us, but I was to lost to focus on them.

"What should I do with her?" Asked Jack, turning his head.

"Take her to her room and see if you can get her to come out of the shock. After that, she'll probably need to shower and change clothes. Try and talk her into that, okay?" Said one of the others.

"Okay," Jack said.

"Oh, and Jack?" Said another.

Jack froze and turned back to them. "Yeah?"

"Don't try and help her shower or anything. Just saying that because, well, no offense kid, but you're only a few years old so you haven't exactly learned the do's and don'ts yet," said another man. I'm pretty sure it was the man from the phone.

With that, we began to head up the stairs, Jack still at my side.