EIGHT. MIDNIGHT TALKS

Destiny laid on her bed, she couldn't stop looking up at her roof, the little glued stars she once loved as a child were still there, she sighed and sat up, the thought of her mother kept on bugging her. What did she want in here, why did she come back? Of course, Destiny had missed her with all of her heart, she missed her mother by her side but she also felt anger, irritation, after these years she decided to come back. But why? Why now? Things seemed to be going okay for her, and slowly they just started to become amazing.

Reggie came into her thoughts, she had to let him know, let the band know how was it possible that she could see them. But maybe she needed to talk to Reggie first, let him know that it was his mother the connection between them. Reggie, the bassist never left her mind and Destiny just groaned, she needed him out of her mind right now.

"You called me?" A voice was heard on her room, Destiny sat up and saw the bassist on her room, there he was with a kind smile and confused look.

"How? What?" Destiny blinked a few times and even massaged them, but opening back he was still there.

"I don't know, I was with the boys and I heard you calling me so I came." Reggie explained, his body moving back and forth on his heels.

"I never," Destiny was confused, but she didn't actually called him, she just thought of him. "Reggie, I think we need to talk."

"That's never good." Reggie chuckled just like Destiny, the boy kept on standing there not knowing what to do, the girl sighed and patted down on her bed, Reggie hesitated for a moment as he stepped closer to the mattress, the ghost had sat down and he let out a relief sigh when his body didn't float down the bed.

"So, I wanted to tell you this when I finally figured out how I sort of recognized you." Destiny turned her body to be facing him. "Something about your band had been bugging me ever since the school presentation you guys had with Julie and when you and Luke came and visit, or, tried to scare me, which you did." Reggie let out a chuckle in response when he remembered how bad it had gone the first time they had met.

"So remember when you came looking for a medium and I told you it was my mother?" Destiny asked and Reggie nodded his head "Well, years back a woman always came to talk to my mom, it was everyday at the same time, and she always wanted to speak to her son," Reggie looked at her trying to figure out where this was going. "His name was Reginald and he was in a band. That woman's name was Lauren." Reggie's eyes didn't blink for a few seconds, he wasn't even looking at her. Destiny called out his name a few times, she even waved her hand in front of his face.

"I'm sorry, is just that," Reggie finally looked at her, his blue eyes tearing up "my mom and I, we didn't have a close relationship and knowing she still looked after me and tried to talk to me," His voice was breaking between words and Destiny stretched out her hand trying to grip his gently but her hand pass through his, shiver traveled down her spine. "Thank you for that, though." Reggie smiled looking up at her eyes.

Destiny pulled her hand back to her legs, she didn't know what to say, or what to do, clearly hugs or even a hand grip were out of the options. So maybe a silence might be helpful, even if it got uncomfortable in any minute.

"Well, that means that maybe I have stuff with my parents that I never got to do or say, right?" Destiny shrugged, she didn't really know. "Wait, you say you aren't a medium but maybe you can be one of those with us? The band and I, help us or even Julie too."

"But, I don't really know how to do that, and I don't even know how to even start." Destiny whispered at Reggie, she wanted to help, maybe it the reason now changed, she would've helped them just to get them off her back, but now she would do it to help the band and reconnect with their family members. Destiny felt useless right now, but there has to be something that would be helpful to her.