TWELVE. EDGE OF GREAT

Destiny had rushed into the living room the moment she had found her mother's notebook, she brought her computer with her and sat down on the couch, her eyes searching for any type of word that would be able to help her out in this whole ghost situation, her laptop had the image of Sunset Curve, there were a few moments that Destiny felt anger when her eyes saw Bobby's face next to the band, but anger shouldn't have been taking over her, she had to find empathy, there had to be a reason why Bobby or Trevor stole all of Sunset Curve songs and didn't give out credit.

"What are you doing?" Kendall's voice made Destiny jump on her seat shutting her laptop that made the older sibling wince.

"Nothing, just school stuff." Destiny cleared her throat and opened her laptop slowly, checking if she hadn't damaged it.

"But with mom's stuff? Why do you need mom's stuff?" Kendall walked closer, his fingers tracing the covers of notebooks and books.

"It's a project about the afterlife." Destiny didn't look up at her brother but instead, she focused on the books in front of her.

"Funny," Destiny now looked at him with furrowed eyebrows "They never let that type of homework when I was in school, what subject was this for?"

"None of your business, now can you let me focus on my things." Destiny grabbed the notebook Kendall had picked up, she didn't mean to come off as rude, but, the least she wanted was Kendall to get into this business.

"Woah, okay, what is happening right now?" Kendall backed up, his facial expression was filled with confusion and surprised, he grabbed another book from the table before letting Destiny grab it first, he read the title, Mediums and open mind. "What are you doing Des? I thought we had talked about this already." Destiny didn't answer, she didn't even look up at him. "Des, I need you to tell me, what are you doing with this?"

"I am just looking for some answers, that is all I can tell you." Destiny knew her brother wouldn't understand even if she tried to explain with drawings or anything like that.

"Answers? You don't need answers for stupid things like this Destiny, you are starting to sound like mom and she left us. You don't need this." Kendall's voice wasn't as cheerful or kind, his tone was angry.

"Can you just let me do what I need to do?" Destiny hid her face behind the computer screen, she didn't want her brother to see her eyes tearing up just by the mention of their mother leaving.

"Destiny, don't do anything stupid that will end up hurting you, you don't want to go down that road, I don't want you to go all crazy as mom did, I don't want to lose you." Destiny sniffled, she was crying, she heard her brother walk away, and then she let out the muffled cries, she grabbed the pillow beside her and finally cried.

It made her cry whenever she remembered that day she didn't find her mother but instead she found the little note that just said she couldn't take it anymore, she remembered the days her mother would fight with her dad because she was so consumed with the ghost stories and how slowly she wanted to find the ghosts she couldn't contact. But right now, she needed her mom, maybe she had answers for this, she had no idea how to help the ghost band, this is the first time she even saw spirits, she never believed in the ghost stories, it was understandable.

"Des? Are you okay?" Reggie's voice was heard next to her, the brunette wiped her tears off her cheeks, looking away from the bass player. "Is everything okay?" Destiny felt him near, she felt his energy around her, safety, kindness, she felt safe.

"Just family things, but I will be okay, thank you Reggie." Destiny hadn't looked at him yet, she didn't want him to see her this vulnerable. "What's up? What happened?"