ELEVEN. GHOST CRUSH

Destiny didn't like the feeling of pressure, she felt annoyed, she felt scared of failing. And right now pressure was becoming stronger and stronger. Seeing Reggie being struck with a purple flash and seeing the bass player in pain, it shrink her heart. She couldn't imagine the pain he was passing through but it showed a human side that also brought curiosity to Destiny.

School felt like it could go on for hours, every minute passing seemed to slow down, Destiny couldn't take this anymore, she wanted to go home and look over her mother's notes. The brunette had found a notebook last night after Reggie's visit, she didn't look page to page, but from the few words she saw, her attention was caught, few words of afterlife, ritual, and such really made her feel intrigued. She only had one more class before her break, and she wanted to go and talk to Julie and Flynn, get her mindset free from the scary thoughts of what could happen to the boys and those purple flashes.

Last class came around and Destiny was writing down on her notebook things to do as soon as she got home, she hadn't been listening to her teacher and any type of explanation but honestly, she didn't need to, whenever she looked up at the board the same name was written all over. Shakespeare. The bell finally rang and Destiny was off the room, she headed over to Julie's locker but she wasn't around, her brown eyes looked for Flynn but she wasn't there too.

"Nick." Destiny called out the boy, he was coming out from the gym followed by other students. "Hi, have you seen Julie?" She asked gripping the strap of her backpack tighter to her.

"She kinda stormed off dance class but I saw Flynn going to the music room a few minutes ago." Nick pointed back to the music room, a smile on his face as he talked.

"Thank you so much, see you around." Destiny waved at him and made her way to the music room, and they there were, Julie and Flynn talking. "Knock, knock," Destiny said leaning against the door. "May I come in?" She didn't want to interrupt a private talk, so she asked. Julie nodded her head at her and looked at Destiny standing beside Flynn.

"Reggie told me he came to visit last night." Julie smiled looking up at her, Destiny nodded her head and smiled too as the memory of Reggie appeared, but then it vanished.

"Um, yeah, I congratulated them on your performance which by the way, amazing," Destiny gave two thumbs up at Julie. "And well, I think I might've found something that could help me with the boys?"

"Well, I don't think Julie would like having the boys gone now." Flynn jokingly said, Destiny, looked at her confused, and saw how Julie just hit her legs. "Apparently our girl Julie has a crush on our boy Luke."

"Really? I mean, you two have lots of chemistry." Destiny joined in with the giggles and saw how Julie's cheeks turned red.

"Yeah, they would be such a cute pair but, Luke is dead, he's a ghost." Flynn looked back at Destiny, the brunette nodded her head and mouthed out a right.

"I told you, Flynn, what Luke and I have is real, I mean, we have a strong connection." Julie added but sighed afterward.

"Well you already sent him a text inviting him to the party," Julie interrupted remarking that it was Flynn the responsible one to send it "doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure he will come and see you." Julie shrugged and didn't look at Flynn again, just for a moment.

"Who are talking about now?" Destiny asked curiously confused.

"Nick, that guy has been Julie's crush for a while and now they had a moment of connection, but now Luke is on her mind." Flynn gave her a recap of everything happening, and all Destiny could do is look at Julie smiling wiggling her eyebrows.

"Destiny, so I had this news appearing to me this morning, but we're throwing a party tonight, my dad kind of want to repay the mess that had happened with the music executive. Wanna come?" Julie looked up at Destiny with glittery eyes filled with joy.

"This will be complete not work related, you don't need to bring your camera tonight, just have fun and enjoy the music." Flynn added to Julie's comment and stood up interlocking her arm with Destiny's.

"I guess I can definitely join tonight, but how would this whole ghost crush work out then? How would you work with it?" Destiny returned her attention back at Julie, curious about it.

"Well, Flynn told me to avoid Luke tonight, at least seeing him eye to eye."

"Well not gonna lie but that sounds like fun." Destiny joked but took it back thinking she might've upset her but her laughter showed the different. "Hard to do cause Luke has pretty eyes but it's gonna be fun."

The three girls left the music room and enjoyed their time together during lunch, talking about music, clothes and a few times the attention was on Destiny.

"Des, so apparently your mom was a medium? Is that why you can see the boys?" Flynn asked taking a bite of her chocolate muffin she had bought from the cafeteria.

"I don't know why I can see them, probably that can be a reason, I remember my mother having a session with Reggie's mother when I was kid, so maybe that could be a reason." Destiny was short on her answer, she didn't know much of why she could see them but maybe her mother is connected, oh how badly she wanted her mother right now to help her.

"Well that's interesting, and is your mother around? Is that okay to ask?" Flynn asked, Julie was just paying attention to the conversation.

"She's around, I mean, she left home years ago but apparently she had come back a few days ago to talk to me but I wasn't around at the moment." Destiny explained, she let out her weight as the sigh left her lips. If this was a conversation she had with other people or even her family, Destiny would be in a pool of tears, her mother just leaving still affected her.

"Well, I'm glad she's come back to reach out, and if you two ever get to talk about the boys, ask her questions."

"I'm pretty sure she would love to know her daughter sees ghosts, I wasn't a believer of them like at all, until Reggie and Luke appeared on my living room asking for help. Isn't that funny?" Destiny chuckled and saw Julie nodding her head too.

"All of this ghost thing is so bizarre honestly, but yeah it's kind of funny." Julie finally spoke up, agreeing with Destiny, as they had something similar going on. The bell indicated lunch time was over and classes would start again, the girls waved goodbye.

Another party tonight, Destiny did good on trying to not spill out to Julie what the boys have been experiencing. Tonight, she will have fun, but before, she needed answers, she needed to read her mother's notebook.