43: He's on the Moon

HÅKON

I wake up lazily, knowing practice is in the midmorning today instead of at the crack of dawn. It takes one deep breath for me to register the bare back pressed to my chest and the mess of limbs in my bed.

I blink open my eyes and am met with a spill of dark hair over my arm and a very sleepy goaltender completely naked right here with me. Now, while most people would be alarmed to have a naked professional goaltender as their little spoon, I just smile and tuck my nose into his neck.

"Morning baby," I mumble, kissing his shoulder softly.

He shifts a little, pulling in a breath. "Morning."

While I would normally get up and get going, something about how warm he is right here in the chilly Regina spring is coaxing me to stay in bed a little while longer, wrapped up in a duvet and with a pride flag knotted gracelessly between us like a sort-of blanket. We're bleary-eyed and cuddly and pure and touching in every way we can and it's the best I've felt in years.

I feel like I could get up and play the best I ever have, just because I woke up with this sleepy mess all cuddled up with me.

"Håkon," he yawns, rolling over and nuzzling into my shoulder. "You smell good."

I mumble a little under my breath, knowing I smell a little like sweat and a lot like sex, but if he likes that then okay I guess. I mean, it would make sense that he likes it when I smell like sex, considering.

"Thanks."

He groans, the flop of hair schoching further under the blankets. "Mmph."

"Huh?"

"You're welcome." Milo sighs, placing a little kiss to the center of my chest. "So we're like honest to god dating? Is that what's happening?"

"Yeah." I mumble, grabbing the blankets and tossing them over our heads, burrowing down in a cocoon with him to catch another few minutes of sleep.

"You bruise like a fucking peach." I hear his soft morning rasp from under the mound of blankets.

"Huh?"

"You bruise easy."

"No I don't." I try to defend. Rocket just clicks his tongue at me and nuzzles deeper into my chest.

His eyelashes flutter on my chest and his arms tighten, falling asleep again. I set my head on his and crash as well.

It only really lasts like five more minutes before we're kissing each other awake.

ROCKET

I could really get used to getting off to go to sleep and getting off to wake up. Like, really get used to it.

Thank fuck I don't bruise like he does and he's too shy to give hickeys though, because if we both showed up looking like him to practice there would be serious problems.

He looks freshly fucked and more relaxed than I've ever seen him. Of course we had to take different cars to practice and show up at slightly staggered times and he wouldn't let me wear his hoodie to the rink for obvious reasons and we both did our routines separately to warm up, but while we're all stuck in the locker room getting dressed together he looks the best he ever has.

"Sasquatch!" Fenrir sings, catching Håkon's attention. "Fun night?"

He's facing away, getting his skates down from his cubby. "Fun is a good way to put it." I let my eyes trail the bruises up the side of his neck and his messy hair that he didn't even bother to comb out today, still looking five minutes post-sex, sticking up in every direction and ruffled like he got electrocuted.

"Fun better be a good way to put it," Fen chirps. "Sure you didn't just get beat up?"

Håkon shrugs, dropping his shorts so he can put on his buttpads, going in the same pattern of pads he normally goes in. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't get beat up."

"Nico," Fen grabs his girlfriend's arm as she enters the locker room, grinning like an idiot.

"Hm?" She's kinda only paying a little attention to him, fully set in coach-mode.

"Look at Yets."

She looks up at my boyfriend, narrowing her eyes at first, then letting a small impressed smile creep onto her face. Håkon is minding his own business, pulling his socks up and velcro-ing them to his cup pants, then moving to pull his pads up around his hips.

He pauses at Nico's voice, she's fighting off a smile. "Håkon, buddy, you feeling alright?"

"Hm?" He looks up, letting his pants settle around his waist, buckling them into position. "Yeah, I'm pretty good."

She glances at me and I'm reminded again that she's the only one, other than Paxton, in this whole room that knows. Even my best friend is blissfully ignorant.

Håkon grabs the bottom of his hoodie and yanks it up, hand already on the compression shirt for under his gear.

Fen's eyes go wide. "Dude."

Paxy glances at me, eyebrows shooting up. He mouths 'impressive' across the room at me.

I have to say I am actually kinda proud of it. There was only so much I could think to do while, yeah. There's probably six or seven more under his belt. They don't even take that long with him, he bruises so easily.

"Fukin' hell, Yets," Nico mumbles. She slips into the next line so easily I'm honestly impressed. "She keep you up all night or what?"

He shrugs, pulling his shoulder pads on over his head. "No, we slept in a little."

"It's confirmed," Paxton mumbles. "The world is ending. This man got laid and he slept in."

I just laugh under my breath. "Hey, so what if the world is ending, buddy looks like he's on the moon."

END PART ONE

***

if i had the world to gain, 

i would throw it all away, 

'cause all i need is you,

all i need is you

hey lovely - chance peña

***

and that's part one. 43(44 w/prologue) chapters in total, 109,300 words. Uh, yeah. 

Part two will start monday the 30th after I post the part two intro this friday. I'm takin a breather ig. 

anyway. 

yep.