°˖✧ never leave me again » george weasley ✧˖°

━━author's note: I was having a breakdown when I wrote this. Something really angsty turned into FLUFF. Past never leaves you. Something, which turns out true when you return to George.

━━warning(s): breaking down, anxiety, character death

━━word count: 1,615

You pulled the coat tighter around your body, shivering from the cold

You pulled the coat tighter around your body, shivering from the cold. Walking through the diagon alley, you felt a wave of nostalgia hit you. You looked around the shops, remembering shopping and having fun at various places and it all felt so far far away. You saw the enormous colourful sign board of the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and you took in a deep breath. It had been so long since you'd seen George.

You held George in your arms as he shook violently. You were crying too, tears streamed down your face constantly but you didn't have time for yourself. George needed you. He didn't stop for hours. No matter what someone did or said there was nothing anyone could do to reach out to him. You just held him, because just like him you felt numb too. Everything was blurry. Way too loud as something seemed to ring in your ears. George looked at you.

"Why?" he croaked. You looked at him in confusion. Your head was pounding and you weren't sure what was going around you.

"Why did you save me? Why did you push me out of the rumble? I was hoping you'd save us both" he said as your mouth quivered.

"George, I didn't. I didn't choose anyone. I-"

"You could have let me die, it would have been better than this."

"Don't say that, I d-"

"NO," George took your hands in his. "Why would you do this to me? You could have let both-"

"George, stop! I'm sorry I just-"you were shouting.

"NO NO NO (Y/n)!" George screamed. "You, could have saved him, he would have been alive. He would have been here celebrating with us. He-"

You were frozen to the ground; you didn't even hear what he rambled on. Your vision was smeared with tears and yet he failed to notice it.

"... Leave, just leave. I don't ever want to see you again." You heard somewhere in between and your heart beat stopped. He wanted to leave too? It was too much too handle. You turned slowly, and apparated to your apartment. You fell on the ground and cried for what felt like days. You didn't quite well remember what happened after. You just remembered packing your bags and swishing to the forest you went camping to as a kid.

***

A man bumped into you breaking your reverie. You blinked. You contemplated whether you should go inside. Shaking your head, you stalked towards the red yellow shop. The doorbell ringed as you opened the door and you saw Ron. His eyes widened a bit and he gave you a wide smile.