Run Away With Me

Chapter Seventeen

Title from Somewhere in Neverland by All Time Low

"Talking to Barakat again?" Jonny asked bluntly, winking at Vic, I looked at Vic with a confused glance and he avoided looking at me but was giving Jonny a cheeky grin.

I nodded lightly, Josh gave me a smile "I'm glad.. You scared us, you seem a lot happier with Jack as your friend" I knew what he was saying was true, and I felt my face burn as he even spoke of Jack, causing Jonny to raise an eyebrow.

"What happened in the first place anyways?" Jonny asked, picking at his food. I didn't know what to say, I sat for a few moments before thinking up a story I could tell to hide the fact that Jack had been putting distance between us because I found out about his eating disorder.

"Jack didn't want to make friends so he was distancing himself, but now he's okay with me" I said, telling a bit of the truth along with it. Everyone at the table seemed to nod in understanding and we all continued to eat, everyone ate small bites, trying not to get too much of the terrible quality food at once.
Everyone continued with different conversations, Vic and Jonny spoke to each other most of the time, as the rest of the group had various conversations.

Eventually it was time to leave the cafeteria, everyone at our table only lost three points. Josh has an eating disorder, but from what I heard he doesn't have a problem with eating, but keeping it down. So he was only graded on if he kept his meal In.

When I walked back into my room I noticed that Jacks nurse wasn't in, and when I looked on his bed, I was surprised to find that he was sitting on my bed, head against the window. He turned to look at me, I gave him a gentle smile.
"Sorry, I hope you don't mind, I just like your window" he said quietly, I climbed into my bed and in seconds we were in the same place we were before I left.

"I don't mind" I said gently, he looked down at the world once more, and sighed longingly at the free people below us.
"That's why I want to get out.. So I can just go outside, I can live without having every move monitored" I said, bringing his focus to my eyes. He nodded understandingly, and somewhat sadly.

"I haven't heard Blink 182 in forever" he said, making me smile lightly. It really does suck here.
I felt bad, as Blink 182 is one of the best bands of all time. He's been more deprived than I have, he's been here far longer than I have. It's simply not fair that we can't listen to music.
I sat up a bit more as I watched the way he focused on the world beneath us.

"The drops of rain they fall all over
This awkward silence makes me crazy
The glow inside burns light upon her
I'll try to kiss you if you let me"
I sung the lyrics quietly, as I remembered my favorite Blink 182 song. Jack looked over to me with a surprised expression, a small smile stretched across his face.

He wanted Blink 182, instead he got a Psychiatric patient sadly singing an acapella of Blink 182.

"Tidal waves they rip right through me
Tears from eyes worn cold and sad
Pick me up now, I need you so bad"
I ended on the first chorus, not really wanting to go further. Jack was smiling warmly at me, I saw a hint of blush on his face as we stared into each other's eyes.

"Thank you" he whispered, continuing to smile at me "you're a really great singer.. and that helped a bit with my Blink withdrawal" I felt my face burn as he complimented my singing. We continued to look blankly at each other, a nurse stopped in and didn't seem to mind that we were on the same bed. It was Mrs.Jett, she was one of the best nurses here so I wasn't sure if it was just her being nice.
I turned back to look at the way the sky continued to grow darker, the moon was shining brightly.
There are too many lights out here to see the stars, but I knew they were there.

"Do you want to break out and run away together?" Jack quickly asked, I quickly looked in his eyes to see if he was joking or not, but I was still unsure as his expression was blank. I felt my face redden as I replayed the question in my head.

Run away together.

Jack chuckled after a few seconds, my face only growing redder.
"You're cute when you blush" he stated, making me bury my face in my hands.

"Jackkkk" I whined, laughing at myself, Jack continued to laugh at me.

He thinks I'm cute when I blush.

I climbed off of my bed, not meeting eyes with Jack.
"I-I'm going to take a shower" I said barley audible as I walked over to the door so I could call a nurse in.

"Okay, don't think about me too much while you're in the shower" Jack joked, flirtation obvious in his words. If I wasn't already crimson, I would be even redder.

"Jack! Shut up" I begged as I poked my head out of the door and waved a nurse over.
All I heard was Jacks laughter as the nurse came in, It was Mrs.Jett and she seemed to look very pleased as Jack laughed. She almost looked as if she had just discovered the secret to the universe.
"Oh, I want to take a shower" I spoke to the nurse, trying to ignore Jack as he ended his fit of giggles, I looked over to him and he winked as our eyes met, only making me even more flustered.

What is this?

Mrs.Jett smiled at me and nodded as I grabbed my clothes from my drawer and disappeared into the cold bathroom, flicking on the light. She closed the door behind me and I began to quickly undress. I looked in the mirror to find that my face was really fucking red. Suddenly I felt like hiding away in embarrassment.
Part of me was extremely happy.
I don't think I've been this happy in a long time.

I stepped into the shower, and pressed the button that caused the water to awkwardly spray from the roof. I quickly let the lukewarm water run over my body.
After two minutes of standing in the water I heard the nurse knock on the door "I'm okay" I called to her as I pressed the button again. I washed my hair with the non alcoholic baby shampoo and after five more minutes, Mrs.Jett interrupting to knock two more times, I finally got out and wrapped the thin towel around myself.

I quickly dried off and put clothes on, fixing my damp hair in the mirror before walking out of the bathroom, handing my clothes and towel to Mrs.Jett. She smiled warmly and made her way out of the room.

Jack was now curled up under his own covers. I smiled at him even though he couldn't see me "closure group" I said casually when I noticed the time, He picked his head up and took his time getting out of bed. I waited for him and we walked to the room together.

I took a seat next to Jack, his hair was messier than usual, but it still looked perfect. His mouth was locked tightly, lips sealed together. He noticed me looking at him, he brought his eyes to mine and we ended up in an awkward moment where we were both staring into each other's eyes.

His eyes are beautiful.

I glanced down at his chapped lips, normally having chapped lips wasn't attractive, but somehow Jack managed to make everything attractive as long as it was part of him. He must've noticed my eyes lingering on his lips because he brought a hand up and gently put it over his mouth "you're making me self conscious, Gaskarth" he chuckled, bringing me back to his eyes.
I felt my face getting red as I was just caught starting at Jacks mouth.
His lips are beautiful, his eyes are beautiful, every part of him is just beautiful.

I fucking want to kiss him.

"Why self conscious? You're perfect" I said the words quickly and without thinking.
Now Jack was blushing,
I buried my face in my hands "fucking hell, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I-I..sorry" I rushed out.

"I-Thanks, Alex" Jacks voice dropped, as did everyone else's as the room quickly filled. I looked up and saw Dr.Grace walking through the room giving a smile to everyone.

The whole group Jack and I spent time glancing at each other, I took this time to really study his expressions and reactions to things that people were saying.
His cheeks were still a light shade of pink, and I guessed mine were too.