Chap 24 - Menacing Beast

Yup. Another chap for you on the same day.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Aerowyn's pov
______________

I screamed. And with that all I saw was red. Marigold took control of my body. I pushed him away with all my strength. And he flew into the air before hitting the wall with a painful thud.

I was up in no second. My neck was bleeding. I snarled before attacking him.

I punched him. Once. Twice. Thrice. I lost count. I clawed him. I bit him. I was lost in anger.

Once again I started seeing the scene of the almost rape. It made Marigold's rage boil. She pushed me out completely. She blocked me taking my body as hers.

I sat their in the back of my own mind. I watched her attack my previous mate like a beast, but in human form. I didn't feel anything. I felt... numb.

Flashes of the abuse I went through appeared before.

[_!¯FLASH BACK¯!_]

10 years old me walked in to the dining room. It was the day after my 10th birthday. I was sad. But I knew my mom, daddy, big brother Will, Vale and Erv will be there for me.

I knew it. They loved me. They always stood up for me. They always told me that everything will be ok and that they are there for me.

I smiled as I saw my mom and daddy. I ran towards my mom.

I expected her to hug me just like she always do. And give me a kiss on my forehead like every morning. I expected her to say 'happy birthday, my little love' as all other birthday.

What I didn't expect was her to be pulled back by daddy before I even reached her. I slowed down looked at him confused.

But when I saw the angry, hatred hard look on his face, I knew something was wrong.

"daddy? Is everything okay?" I asked innocently. He just glared at me. Being the cuddly, happy girl I am, I did the thing I always do when someone is feeling down or sad.

I hugged him saying, "it's ok. Whatever it's wrong. It's gonna be ok."

But he flinched. I pulled away and looked up at him. "everything will be ok. I'm-"

"nothing is going to be ok! Got it? Nothing is going to be ok!" he suddenly screamed. I yelped in shock and stumbled back falling on my butt twisting my ankle on the process. I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"see! You don't have a wolf! You can't even heal! It's pathetic!"

I looked at daddy in shock and disbelief.

No! My daddy would never say something like that! He loves me!

"daddy. I know you are unhappy about something. Please calm down and talk to me. I know you love me." I said.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP YOU PATHETIC GIRL! A werewolf with no wolf is a curse to the pack! Don't you get it?" he yelled. This time I realised. He really is angry. At me.