Chapter 16: You're more than enough

Scarlet POV

We were at the bar after working hours. Tristan and Manuel joined us afterward. Tristan sat beside Carlos while Miguel occupied the empty space beside me. Cassandra sat on my right side with Carlos at the edge of the couch. We sat at our favorite spot which was less crowded since this was a VIP place and the best part about it was the clear view of the stage.

"Hi, guys," I greeted them. This wasn't the first time we hang out together.

"Where is Miguel? He is not coming with you?" Manuel inquired looking at me while taking a glass from the table.

"He is attending a meeting outside today. I'm not sure if he will be joining tonight. Probably, going back home after the meeting." I said in a lazy tone.

"Hmm, is there something wrong between you two?" He gazed at me with his narrowed eyes. As usual, Manuel, the only nosy person in the group, tried to dig things out from me. I rolled my eyes responding to his question.

"Nothing is wrong. I'm just one of his employees. What could be wrong between us?" I shot him the question back.

"Really? I will ask him about this later." He raised his eyes challenging me.

"Whatever, Manuel. I'm aware that being you mean being nosy." I mocked while the rest laughed with my blunt statement.

"How dare you, Scarlet mocking the most handsome bachelor in this universe." He brushed his head to the back showing more of his face. I showed him a disgusting face.

"Eww, so full of yourself." I noticed his hands reaching to my face, wanted to pinch me.

"Don't touch her." The familiar voice from behind suddenly made us snapped. Spontaneously, all of us turned to look in the same direction even though we can guess who that person was.

Miguel was standing there with his hand tugged in his pockets. His face looks furious, and he stared at me as if he could see through what inside my mind with his eyes.

"Oh sorry, bro. I didn't mean to touch your girl." Manual responded in sarcasm.

"I'm not his girl!" I heard my heart screamed inside.

"Here, the place is yours." He added while shifting his seat to the other side of the couch.

"No," I murmured in a low tone, not wanting Miguel to notice it but Manuel didn't listen to me.

"I'm sorry, I have to, or else he will kill me." He mumbled which only I can hear it.

Miguel plopped on the empty space beside me. I was aware of his eyes that never left me. I pretended to fully focus on the performance on the stage while Cassandra whispered something to me.

"Seriously, babe, you guys should talk." She advised, perhaps the tense air between us was too much for her. I could feel his legs brushed mine due to the closeness but I showed him that it didn't affect me. We were like that for the rest of the time till we decided it was time to leave.

"See you tomorrow, babe," I said to Cassandra while hugging her outside the bar.

"Sort things out with him, please. You wouldn't want to stay like this forever." She whispered to me during the hug. We all said goodbye to each other and everyone headed to their own car while I was being dragged by Miguel to his car.

"Let me go. Why are you dragging me?" I spat in anger on the way to his car. I squirmed to release my wrist from his strong grip. I don't like being touched by him.

"Don't be so stubborn, Caramel. You are testing my patience for the whole day and you make me lose focus on my work." I could sense the anger through his tone.