Chapter 5: Goodbye suit us more

Miguel POV

It has been a few hours since I sat at one of the restaurants across from Caramel's café. I had been there since I finished my work in the evening. I don't want to take the risk and being accused as a stalker even though I indeed behave like one.

"Alex, did you get what I want?" I asked my friend on the phone. I asked him to find information about my Caramel's background, especially about her family. I wanted to know more about her and what caused her mom to persuade her to sell the café. I'm aware that she might need help and I want to be the one that can lend her a hand.

"Yes, I got it. Ready to read in your email, bro."

"Perfect! Thanks, bro. I will check it out now." I said and ended the call afterward. I quickly used my phone to check my inbox and scrolled for his email. At the moment I found it, I click on it and read all the details carefully.

A moment later, I saw the light of Caramel's café had been turned off, and she stepped outside with the guy that served me this morning. They turned the signboard 'welcome' to 'closed' and I quickly take that as my cue and settle my bill. I stood outside the restaurant and observing her. Soon, they parted to their own way. Caramel walked to the street on the right side and I silently followed her. I crossed the road to her side and kept a safe distance between us. I just want to make sure she was safe until she reached home. The street seems a bit quiet.

"Hey Cassandra, you didn't call me for the last few days. Are you busy with your work?" She pressed the phone on her ears. I guess she is calling her best friend that was captured by my friend, Carlos. I smirked, thinking about that.

"No, nothing happened. I'm fine as always."

"You are in trouble and you said nothing happen," I mumbled silently while tailing her from behind. I understand the fact that she doesn't want Cassandra to get worried.

"The café is doing great. Michael still helping me in the shop but I think I will be looking for one more staff to help me out. You know, especially in the morning. I can't hear my alarm and wake up on time. I always awake when grandpa is high and bright in the sky. It's suck."

"Grandpa?" I murmured silently. It didn't mention in the file that I got from Alex.

"Ok, Scarlet. I have arrived home. Yeah, safely. I told you my secret angel is taking care of me." She giggled with her words and continued after that, "I will call you again next time. Take care." She ended the call, headed to the lift making me stopped near the corner. I knew she will be safe here and I don't have to follow her anymore. Besides, I don't want to freak her out.

I saw a restaurant near her apartment. I went inside and ordered some dinner to take away. After that, I went to the pharmacy for a cold pack and painkiller. I'm not sure about her pain but make sure everything is ready when she needs it will erase my worries. I asked for a paper and pen from the cashier before exiting the pharmacy.

After done with everything, I strode back to the apartment and take the lift towards her house. I have her address inside the file that Alex provided earlier so it won't be a problem for me to trace her house. I stood in front of the door and placed the food and the paper bag from the pharmacy on the floor with the notes on top of it. I knocked on the door a few times and hide at the corner.

I heard the noise of the door clicked open. The next second, she stood near the door and looked around. Her brows knitted in confusion when she didn't see anyone outside. However, she noticed the paper bag that I placed in front of her door. She bent down and reached for the paper bag with notes on it. Her head twirled, I smiled looking at how her face scrunched while reading the notes.