Chapter 11: You're a bad girl, Caramel

Miguel POV

"Are you crazy? It's still early. Even grandpa is still asleep!" She snorted. She pulled the duvet up, covering her full body. I stood at the edge of her bed ready in my sportswear.

"Yes, I knew that. You don't have to enlighten that." I snickered.

"What if you go for a jog alone and come back later with breakfast ready on the table? It sounds great, right?" I knew her trick as she told me many times yesterday that she doesn't get along with sweats, in fact, she hates it.

"Or, what if, we go for a jog together and come back later I treat you with nice caramel coffee?" I lured her. She pooped her head through the duvet with her eyes fluttered open, gazing at me to see if I was serious. There is a moment of silence as she was in deep thought, debating about the offer.

"I admit that it sounds tempting and you almost got me there, but I need to pass that. Thinking about sweats doesn't make me feel good." With her sleepy voice, she hid under the duvet again.

"You're really testing my patience, Caramel."

"Likewise, Miguel."

"Get ready before I help you with that." I pulled the duvet off from her and toast it to aside. She squealed at my sudden action. I lifted her from the bed and threw her over my shoulder, headed to the bathroom.

"You moron!" She kicked her legs, trying to free from my grip.

"I give you twenty minutes to get ready. If you are not downstairs within the time, I will take that as a sign that you want me to help you to dress. I won't hesitate to do that. You got me?" I said in an authoritative voice. She narrowed her eyes on me as if she was huffing hot steam from her nose. She slammed the door behind, showing me how much she despised it.

"What a jerk you are! Who even care to jog at this hour, only weird people like you. You can just go to the sauna if you really love sweating. Huh!" Grumbling Caramel sounds so cute, it never failed to make me laugh.

"I heard that, Caramel!" I purposely raised my voice so she could hear me. I went to wait for her downstairs.

A moment later, I heard a commotion behind, it was her footsteps. I spun around and the sight in front of me caused me awestruck. I almost let out a 'wow' but suppressed it. She wore a Nike legging with a sweater, and she pulled her hair in a messy bun. I remembered it was a set which underneath was a revealing sports bra that I chose yesterday. She zipped her sweater like she could read my mind. I inaudibly scolded my naughty mind.

"Satisfied now, Mr. Miguel Rodriguez?" She stood across me with her hand folded on her chest, whining like a kid.

"Very. You see, sportswear looks good on you." I complimented her.

"Yeah, I won't argue that but pajama looks better." She argued.

"Well, I will confirm that next time. For now, we need to go before grandpa is out. I swear it will kill you by that time. You will sweat even more." I emphasized.

Strolling with lazy steps, she followed me from behind. I grabbed her hand, fasten the pace.

"We are not going to take the car?" She inquired, noticing that we walked past the car. I shook my head firmly.

"No, we will jog from here to the park nearby. It's not far."

"Nearby? Nearby in how many kilometers and for how long we will arrive there?"

"If normal speed, probably less than fifteen minutes but with your speed right now," I turned to look at her steps, and continue, "It will be twenty minutes or even half an hour, I guess?" I teased her while examined her reaction. She frowned.