Chapter 7: I'm not an escort girl!

Scarlet POV

After the unpleasant incident in the room this morning, I get back to my plan to meet the new owner of the café. If only I know that the house can be saved on time, I will not sacrifice the café, but nothing can be changed when it was sold on the second day.

I dressed in a casual dress in light pink with a short sleeve. I matched with my flat sandal before applying the simple makeup on my face just to conceal my pale skin. I immediately check the address before leaving the room.

I requested the receptionist to call the car for me since I'm not familiar with the place and I refuse to contact Cassandra yet. Carlos will kill me if I ruin the birthday surprise since he had invested his effort to make it happen.

Not long after that, I found myself in front of a gigantic building with two men in a security uniform standing near the entrance. One of them opened the door for me and slightly bows as a sign of respect and welcome. I padded towards the reception counter after thanking him.

"Hi, miss. How can I help you?" The blonde girl in black and torques uniform greeted me with a smile on her face.

"Hi, miss. I want to meet with Mr. Rodríguez. Is he in the office now?" I asked, at the same time worried I can't meet him today.

"Can I get your name, miss?"

"Scarlet Addison," I informed her shortly.

"Please wait for a moment, Miss Scarlet. I will call to confirm with his secretary." I nodded at her words while my eyes scanned around the lobby. Everyone seems busy in that area, some with files in their hands, discussing something while headed to somewhere, and some people rushed for the lift.

"Miss, Mr. Rodriguez is available now. You can directly go to his office at level twelve. I already informed her secretary that you will be there shortly." I diverted my attention to the girl in front of me.

"Thank you, you are so helpful." I headed to the lift going to level twelve as she mentioned.

"Hi, I'm Scarlet. I'm here to meet Mr. Rodriguez." I approached the girl that sat at the front counter.

"Please follow me. Mr. Rodriguez is waiting for you in his room." I acknowledged it with a nod and followed her closely from behind. The room was somewhere in the corner which was a bit far from the other room. She knocked on the door and gesturing me to enter once we heard someone said 'enter' from inside. She left once I settled inside.

"Mr. Rodriguez?" I greeted in a question since his back was facing me, to be more accurate his high leather chair.

"Why are you here, Scarlet Addison?" His voice was cold, and he doesn't even bother to turn around.

"I-I want to talk about the Memoir Café that you bought in London." I want to punch myself for letting his cold attitude affected me.

"What happened to the café?"

"I want the café back. I want to negotiate the price."

"Price?" His cold tone remained there. I started to get impatient as he refused to show his face. It was weird talking with someone but you can't see their face.

"Are you willing to pay any price to get the café back?"

"Ye-yes, but only with an affordable price. I don't have much to pay for it," I desperately told him the truth.

"What if I say I don't want money, but we exchange some condition if you want the café?" His suggestion sounds odd. What if he asked me to do something inappropriate?