Nice To Finally Meet You

Chapter Eight: Nice To Finally Meet You

I was sat in Geography, the only class I didn't have any of my friends in. I'm just sitting there bored. Honestly, I hate this teacher so much. Ms. Calder. She's a complete bitch. She honestly hates my guts. Suddenly, a disheveled Harry and Bridget come running in.

"Niall! Civia's in the hospital!"

"Mr. Styles! Do you have a pass? What makes you think you can come screaming into my classroom like that?" Ms. Calder reprimands.

"But- Civi-" Harry tries.

"I don't care about "Civia". She's a troublemaker anyway. Do you want detention? If not, I suggest you quit talking back to me."

"Fuck off, Ms. Calder. You just want my boyfriend." My mouth drops open and Harry turns to face me. "Coming, Niall?" I jump to my feet and follow him out. Civ's like...my baby. She can't be hurt. She's not allowed to be hurt.

"What's happened to Civia?" I ask, fearful of the answer.

"Bridget's possum bit her."

"The fuck?"

"The possum had rabies."

"Oh my gosh."

By this time we had reached the classroom where Louis and Lane were. I walked in to see their teacher, Mr. Murs, dead asleep at his desk and the whole class talking. "Lane come on, Civ's in the hospital." I told her. Harry took a....different approach to getting Louis. He ran up and scooped Louis up in his arms and they practically started having sex right there. "Civia is in the hospital! Come on, you horny bastards!" Harry and Louis quickly disconnected from each other. Louis at least had the decency to blush, Harry just smirked and winked at me. "Again, Civia." I reminded. They clasped hands and followed us out the door.

"So, what happened to Civia?" Lane asked. I could hear the worry evident in her voice. Her and Civia were really close. Like Louis and Harry close minus the dating.

"Someone's," I gave Bridget evils. "Possum bit her. And it had rabies." Lane looked really scared so I assured her, "She'll probably just get a few shots and that'll be that." Lane looked relieved and so did everyone else. By now we had reached the parking lot. "So who's riding with who?" I asked.

"Louis can ride with me." Harry said.

"Lane and Niall can ride with me." Bridget said. We all loaded up and headed to the hospital.

~*~^~*~^~*~^

We arrived at the hospital in about twenty minutes. Once we were there, we had to wait about ten more minutes for Louis and Harry to get there.

"We got lost. Sorry." Louis said.

"Yeah. 'Cause getting lost gives you hickeys." Louis's hand flew to his neck and his cheeks turned scarlet. "Come on. We've got to go see Civia." At my words, we all ran to the hospital. There was a perky young lady sat at the front desk. Louis walked over to her.

"Ma'am, do you know what room Civia Reemer is in?" he asked.

"Room 158. Straight down the hall is an elevator. She's on the first floor. Third room on your left."

"Thank you," he read her name tag. "Ms. Lloyd."

"You're welcome." We all followed Louis down the hall and into the elevator. Lane and Harry had a brief fight about who got to push the button but finally Bridget pushed it while they weren't 'paying attention.

"Aw! Bridget!" they said in unison. We reached the first floor and piled out.

"Third door on the left, guys." Louis reminded us. We reached room 158 and were greeted by Civia screaming.

"What's happening?!" Lane shouted and busted through the door. We all saw Civia sitting upright in bed talking to some guy -- who I'm guessing was her doctor -- with a wide smile on her face. The guy had a buzz cut that was beginning to grow out. He was wearing a long white doctor coat thingy. Apparently, the scream we heard was her laughing, something she seemed to be doing a lot of.

"Oh hey guys! This is my doctor, Dr. Liam Payne." The man turned around to face us bearing a wide smile.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Payne. But I'd prefer you call me Liam. Civia's perfectly fine other than a few scratches. That possum was pretty vicious." At this point, Liam looked up from his chart. The smile fell from his face when he looked at us. Or rather, at Harry and Bridget.

"Oh my god." Bridget said. She took a few steps forward. "Oh my god. It's really you. Liam Payne." Then she jumped on him. Literally jumped on him. "I missed you so much. How could you do that to me? How could you? And you never told me you were dating Harry and oh my god I love you and I missed you and I love you and I know I already said that but whatever." Then she planted one on him. They kissed for like two minutes.

"I love you Dani. And I missed you too." He leaned forward so their foreheads were touching. "I really really missed you."

"Aw, come on! This is supposed to be about me! Not my doctor!" Civia exclaimed. Liam slowly let Bridget down and walked over to Harry. Me, Lane, and Louis walked over to Civia. We could hear the three of them talking in the background but we let the have some time alone. They deserved it.

"Are you feeling okay, Civs?" Lane asked.

"You know I hate that name." Civia said through gritted teeth.

"Yah but I don't care." Civia gave her evils and we all laughed.

"So, how do Bridget and Harry know Liam?" Civia asked me.

"Well, you see Bridget tried to save someone once. His name was Liam. Liam Payne..."