Chapter 15

Roohi POV

We were seated in the family room, discussing things. Baba wanted to throw a dawaat to celebrate this good news. I was little hesitant about everyone knowing this soon , but soon ammi said there was no need to do so until I complete my first trimester. She didn't wanted anyone nazar to cast on us.

My back pain was starting to reappear again. I didn't understand why I was having it. Ammi have forcefully given me a glass of milk to drink with some dry fruits in it. I hated dry fruits except for cashew that too
the fried one's.

"Roohi beta, go to your room and rest you have overworked yourself a lot today" ammi said .

I got up bidding everyone,  ahad signed that he will come later on.

I went in my room and dialed Maham's number.
"Assalamualikum bhabhi sab khairiyat " Maham spoke from the other side.

"Walaikumsalam  alhamdulilah I'm fine. How is my doll?"
"She is living her best life. Eat, poop, sleep. That's all she does. Waise you called me this late any thing I must be worried of "

"Nothing to be worried of , jo tumhari mannat thi ki mannat baby ke liye ek companion chaiye to play which is soon going to be fulfilled " I told her indirectly.

" bhabhi aap kya keh..... ooh toh ye baat hai main phupho banne wali hoon "
"Ji" I shyly told her.
She told me about some do's and don'ts when Ahad entered the room.
"Maham I'll speak later,  Allah hafiz ".

Ahad came and sat beside me and took my hand in his.
"How are you feeling jaan?" This is the umpteenth time he asked me.
"I'm just perfect Ahad "

He hugged me again. I couldn't control my emotions again. He slightly kissed me in the crook of my neck bringing all the desires in me alive.

And with that my soul made love to his soul.
All I knew was I recognized he was the one with whom I can share my future with.

******

Author's POV

It has been few days since the good news been known. All the family members became so caring to Roohi.

Today they have been invited by sajid for dinner at his place.  Roohi wasn't feeling well because the nausea have kicked in pretty badly and she could hardly digest anything .

Mehreen took in charge to take care of her daughter in law.
Roohi decided to wear a simple outfit. She was contemplating whether to go or not but she also knew that they won't allow her to stay home alone.

After reaching sajid's place, the Wahab family was already present.
The ladies were in the kitchen checking the last minute preparations while the men were seated in the formal living room.

After exchanging greetings the ladies were discussing things while the youngsters were gossiping.
Sarah was dressed up more than usual. "Hey sarah appi what's the matter aaj itna saji hui hain aap." Aimen couldn't hide back her curiosity. She was the youngest of all but have the most extroverted personality.

"Bus aise hi, mann kiya toh pehen liya" sarah responded.

"Sarah for all I know you, you just don't dress up just because you were in mood "Maham spoke. 
Being the only 3 girls in the dadiyaal they were very close to each other just like siblings .
"Appi aisi koi baat nhi hai" sarah whined.
"Dekte hain"maham said her.

"Roohi beta why are you standing go and have a seat " mehreen told her daughter in law who was listening to the cousin's exchanges.
"Ji ammi" roohi told her saas but didn't budge from her place. It wouldn't look good just her being seated while the others were arranging dinner.