Chapter 7

Roohi POV:

It took less than hour to reach the Khan Rehaish. It was a comfortable silence in the car. Ahad spoke only when necessary.

Soon we pulled up to the mansion , Ahad came towards me and help me get out of the car, honestly it was really big dress and it was impossible to get out on my own. I strongly held onto ahad's hand because I was a nervous wreck.
Sensing my hold, "Roohi, it's all right, no need to panic I'm with you right." He tried to ease my tension.

We entered the house and was led to the living room, where his paternal family was present. It is total different atmosphere than the last I was here.

I was pulled into hug by aunt- I mean ammi as we entered. Zehra and Husna chachi also took me in a hug. It was a warm welcome .

"Aaplog bhi,ate hi us bacchi par Chad rahain hai,let her sit she is probably tired"said baba teasingly.

She just glared at him and made me sit. Baba introduced everyone again. Everyone was a joyous personality to be around with.

Aimen and Sarah were asked to take me to his bedroom, oops  I mean our bedroom.

The room was decorated beautifully and not much florals were present but it was classy.
They were slight changes in the room from the last time I visited. My luggage was already sent and arranged.
"Bhabhi agar aapko kuch chaiye so I'm just two rooms away, waise toh bhai hai but phir bhi" Aimen spoke.
She is just like my small sister who is trying hard to make me as comfortable as I can be just like her bhai.

"Bhabhi, ab hum chalte hain if not bhai will just barge into the room, and we  need to increase our bank balance because today he can't just say no" winked Sarah.

I was made to sit on the bed with the support of cushions. I heard some noises coming from outside. This went on for 5 minutes, when the door suddenly opened. I glanced at the door, "bhabhi, bhai is not going to come tonight, you can just go and change your dress" Aimen spoke.
Behind her stood ahad who look unaffected by all the talks. I didn't understand what to do, I looked over Aimen shoulder at him,gave me a slight no nod.

"I'm telling you all, I'm not going to give another single penny, I already paid for all your clothes and other stuffs. Are you all making me go bankrupt. "His tone held mischief.
"Haww bhai , just spending few thousands bucks won't make you go bankrupt even if you brought the whole showroom. Don't be kanjoos, now loosen up and give us our shares" the cousins tone held no nonsense tone.

I don't know if they were tired or not but I was getting cranky with the dress. I helplessly look at them who were in no mood to finish this.
Ammi came as a blessing as she spoke in stern tone to finish the banter because she told them add I must be tired and told Ahad to empty his pockets.

Probably seeing my tired face everyone just quietly finished their business. Ahad locked the door. My tiredness was overpowered my nervousness. He sat just beside me.

"Assalamualikum "he spoke confidently.
Walaikumsalam " I whispered.
"Am sorry I didn't mean to drag but I love teasing them it's funny how easily they can rile up "he spoke in a hushed tone
"No its okay "even I spoke in a hushed tone.
I don't know why we were speaking in hushed tone but I found this funny and I let out a giggle.

Ahad was little amused to see me giggling and raised an eyebrow to which I slighty nodded.
"Come on tell me the jokes even I'll join you"
To which I said that it was a nervous giggle.
"Roohi you don't need to be nervous around me, let just start our relation with no expectations from each other"
"Thank you Ahad it means a lot" it was the first time I told his name in front of him.
We  were lost in one another, when I first averted the gaze.