Chapter 7

Alexis's POV:

I woke up around 6am and realized that we had school today. I was still in Zach's arms.

"Zach." I said shaking him.

"Hmm." He said.

"Get up. We have school." I said. He groaned and I laughed. "Get up sleepy head." I said getting up.

"Lexi." Zach said. I heard that name and froze. Leo used to call me that. But I guess Zach could too.

"Yeah." I sighed and relaxed.

"Thank you." He said.

"For?" I asked going into my closet and get an outfit.

"Being the best twin ever. And trusting me enough to tell me that secret and I hope that now you will tell me about your past." He said and I laughed dryly.

"I'm not the best twin. I'm anything but the best. And your welcome I guess. But I'm not going to say anything about my past until y'all stop lying to me." I said walking into the bathroom. He didn't say anything. I shut my bathroom door and got into the shower. Once I was done I got dressed in high waisted jeans and a t-shirt with a sweater and my converse. I looked in the mirror and realized that I still had a busted lip. Ah shit. Eh.  Not the first and its definitely not the last. After I did my hair I grabbed my phone and my bag and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some apple juice. I sat down and waited for Zach. We were going to go to school together with Avery. Then Xander and Xavier came in with Enzo. They were talking but stopped when they noticed me. I rolled my eyes and put my glass in the dishwasher. I turned around and grabbed my bag and Zach and Alexander came in with dad. When they noticed my lip there eyes bulged out of there sockets. Even Zach's but he was just playing along so he didn't break my trust. I smiled internally at this.

"What the fuck happened to your lip?!" Xavier exclaimed. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"What the fuck are y'all keeping from me?!" I exclaimed back. I was just trying to make a point.

"Answer the question Alexis." Alex said.

"How about this when y'all stop keeping secrets from me. I'll stop keeping them from you." I said and grabbed Zach's hand walking out of the house and down the driveway. As soon as we got in Avery's car we busted out laughing.

"What's so funny?" Avy asked.

"They asked her about her busted lip and she then replied with and I quote.  'how about this when y'all stop keeping secrets from me I'll stop keeping them from you.' and they all looked pissed and confused." Zach said. Avy laughed at this and then we drive to school in silence. The school day went by pretty quickly and I was thankful. At lunch I hung out with Adam, Zach, and Avery. We all just talked and joked. At first Adam seemed tense around them and started to listen up after a while. After school me and Zach hung out and Avery and Blake had to go out on business so Avery gave me the keys to my car and bike back. He had taken them because I was really pissed off and wanted to kill someone. Not one of my finer moments. The next two weeks me and Zach drove to school together and we got really close. Like we were now attached at the hip. I even ended up telling him that I knew about the mafia. And I also told him alot about my past and the meanings behind my tattoos and just like he promised he never said a word to anyone about anything. I've known him for about three or four weeks and I feel like I've known him my whole life. I love our relationship. Zach and Blake came back Friday and it is Saturday. I decided that I was going to tell my family that I know about the mafia and how just in case they try and blame my twin for telling me. I walked downstairs where everyone else was and they were all doing there own thing.

"I want to talk to you guys." I said. They all looked up and looked shocked. They nodded and told me to continue. I took a deep breath. " I know about the mafia." I said.

"How?!" Xander exclaimed.

"When I first heard the last name Blade I knew I had heard it somewhere in the underworld. You like in the world of underground fight and street racing. Etc." I said.

"How are you involved in the underworld?" Enzo asked.

"I'm Dark Angel." I stated all of there eyes widened except for Zach's.

"Yeah right." Xavier scoffed. Ouch.

"She's telling the truth." Both Xander and Zach said at the same time. I was shocked Xander finally believed me. They both looked at each other.

"And how would you two know?" Dad asked.

"The night she went to the 'movies' I went to the fight club. And I noticed that Dark Angel had the same exact tattoo as her on her ankle. I'm sorry for saying that I thought you were weak." Xander said genuinely.

"And you?" Dad asked pointing to Zach.

"She trusted me enough to tell me. After she made me promise I won't say anything to anyone." Zach explained.

"Ok." Dad said. We talked about it. They explained there reasoning to keeping it a secret and I did the same. I also excepted that they are my family and they deserve to know everything. So I told them everything leaving nothing out. They were livid. But they wanted to be there for me. For the first time since I've been here I feel like they are my family. We decided to eat dinner. After that we all went into the living room and just sat in there talking like a family.

"So Alexis, Zach, what do you guys want for your birthday's?" Dad asked I tensed.

"Nothing. I don't want to celebrate my birthday. But don't worry twinny I'll get you a birthday present." I said. He grinned but looked worried.

"Why don't you want to celebrate your birthday Lex?" Enzo asked.

"I told you about my childhood best friend Leo. But I never told you where he is." I took a deep breath. " A year ago, well two years ago now he was shot on my birthday and every since then I don't really like my birthday. But now that I have a twin maybe it wouldn't be so bad." I said. They looked at me sympathetically. I got up and went to my dad. I sat on his lap and buried my head in his neck. I could tell he was surprised by my actions. But non the less he hugged me back. After a bit I fell asleep. I felt someone pick me up and then set me on a bed. It was my dad. I didnt want him to leave because I felt safe. I grabbed his hand as he left.

"Please stay." I said.

"Ok princess. I just have to go get changed."

"Ok." I mumbled. He left and then like five minutes later came back. He laid down next to me. I curled up into my dad's arms where I felt so safe.

"Good night princess." He said kissing my head.

"Good night daddy." I said sleepily. The one thing I knew is that I wouldn't regret calling him daddy or dad. At all. Ever. I soon fell back asleep in his arms into a dreamless sleep.