☾0.23| Scorpius Malfoy

nineteen years later

The last things anyone truly expect was for both Draco and Salem to live for so long, let alone with the other by their side. The two both had such a large targets on their back when they'd just been teens, targets that were surely not ones they could survive.

But the did.

Together at that.

It had been nineteen years sense the last battle of Hogwarts that they weren't expected to make it out of. The school was rebuild as the two along with the others went for one more year to make up for the one they'd lost. Now it was someone else's turn to leave, someone Draco and Salem both were dreading have to let go of.

Their son.

The two were married not long after their final year at Hogwarts and when Salem first became a Healer while Draco got his job at the Ministry Of Magic. Ronald Weasley had a lot to say about it, trying to talk Salem out of it because he still had a way of thinking she deserved better. But he'd never admit his tears of happiness when he watched the, once young girl who he ran through the Great Hall with, look ever so happy to become a Malfoy.

Hermione Granger felt similar, she wouldn't say it but she worried for Salem. But she could see the way Draco saw her, how everyone else in the world seemed to disappear when he was with her. She had hope for the two, a hope like she'd never had before. And she was right, they'd been perfect for the other in such a unique and odd way that no one saw coming.

Then there was Harry. Harry's adoration and love for Salem would never die, it would live out page after page of stories he'd tell his children about their ridiculously odd aunt that he'd loved almost as much as he loved them. He wouldn't ever say much on her and Draco, he kept whatever he thought to himself.... but never had Harry seen Salem so happy in her life, and that alone was all he'd wanted for her.

Scorpius was Salem and Dracos only child, the only one they ever wanted and would ever have. They'd often get called selfish for only wanting one child, but neither felt it was necessary to have to put their love into anything else aside from just the one and each other. They'd loved him more then anything else in this world, he was their pride and joy and having more just wasn't something they felt like wanting to share.

He'd taken after Draco more then he did Salem. Scorpius had his fathers blinding white hair and icy cold, paper like skin along with the shape of his nose, smile, lips, and facial structure. Salem was annoyed at first with it, watching this child she'd carried for months with bright blue eyes look nearly exactly like Draco.

That was until a few months after his birth when his precious, blue eyes began to turn the dark, forbidden forest black color just as hers did. It made Salem happy to see they'd shared the trait, a trait that her grandmother and mother had that she could pass on to her child. Draco gave her the silent treatment on that one for a bit before she chunked a green apple at his head when he finally spoke to her again.