☾0.4| Green Apples

The thumping of Salem's heart got louder and louder within her ears, mimicking the same way her feet walked along the ground

The thumping of Salem's heart got louder and louder within her ears, mimicking the same way her feet walked along the ground. She was nausea, nervous, scared, all things in between. The Slughorn girl sworn in those moments she'd rather been anywhere else but there, anywhere else then under the icy glares of the house coated in green, staring at her as if she was completely naked. The thumbing of her heart, that's all she wanted to hear after the hat let out the roaring house name.

'Gryffindor!'

Slytherin. That's what she needed, that's where she was suppose to get sorted. The house knew her mother, respected her as if she was a royal when in reality she was just a mean woman who left behind a terrible legacy that her only daughter had to live up to. The house knew Salem, they were ready for her, they were warned about her.... and now they've lost completely respect.

Hermione looked worried much like Ron did, Harry no where in sight. The Slytherin had nothing but nasty glares toward the teen as her face turned the brightest shade of red, respecting her house colors now. Then the whispering started, the sound of nails on a chalkboard would have been better to listen to then this. Everyone spoke, everyone was shocked and angry, weather that was at Salem or at the hat it's self.

The humiliated first year seemed to snap out of the trance, her lip trembling in the slightest as she walked, now in ears link to hear what they could say.

"She told the hat to put her in Gryffindor."

"Her mother would be so disappointed."

"Do you thinks she's actually Emilias daughter then?"

"No way is she gonna live that one down."

"My life is over!" Salem cried into her pillow after managing to get to the private room that was nearly the size of a water closet. Hermione and Ron followed her away from the ceremony, the chants of horrible words from Slytherin following after the three, "Leave me here to rot away in my own self pity!"

"It'll be old news by tomorrow." Ron tried to tell her, knowing he was far from right. Hermione gave him a look as he put his hands up in serenader, no clue how to do this.

"Salem, look, maybe it won't be a big deal, maybe-" Hermione began to her first and only woman friend, also knew to this.

"No big deal? Hermione, my mother left behind massive shoes to fill, the least that could have happen was put me in the right houses so I can at least fill her socks!" Salem explained, not meaning for her words to come out so loud but she was attempting to get them all out before she began to sob again, managing to get spit all over Ron in the process.

"Think about it this way, your father was a Gryffindor. He might not have been nearly as legendary as your mother but you just took after him and our house will surely welcome you with more then open arms." Hermione said as she put a hand on Salem's back while Ron used his sleeve to whip the spit off his face.