☾0.15| Deathly Hallows

"Second year, i'm very proud of you, Salem, I told you that you'd pass

"Second year, i'm very proud of you, Salem, I told you that you'd pass. I will miss you while you spend the summer away at the Weasleys. "Slughorn gushed as he gave his granddaughter a hug who was bringing her bags into the living room with a small smile.

Salem really missed Draco.

She didn't know where he was or if he was safe or even if he was alive. She hoped he was of course, even constantly prayed in her mind that he was though she wasn't really even religious. She considered going to Malfoy Manor just to see if he was there, but truth was she had already forgot where it was and knew if she set foot on the land she'd be killed.

No one knew what to say to her or how to comfort her, they hadn't known how her and Draco where when no one else was around. No one did which was the sad part, they never got to show anyone before he was being taken away from her life so quickly. Salem could imagine that even if he wasn't it would have taken the two of them a while to be so open, how they'd probably hold hands but wouldn't do anything else for quite some time.

She really did miss holding his hand.

"Where will you be?" Salem asked her grandfather, after he took his final retirement she could imagine he'd move on somewhere new, they always did.

"Oh, somewhere, i'll be sure to owl you whenever I find it." he said while touching the side of her face which was still scared. They'd found a spell to have it heal completely, but Salem didn't want it, she would have six months ago but not anymore. Now the scar had to much meaning, gave her to much comfort, "I ugh, I believe you are of age for this."

Salem frowned her eyebrows as she watched her Grandfather dig through one of his smaller bags, pulling out a tiny box with shaky hands, "It was your mother's, your father got it for her on their first date... I assume you could use some comfort now."

Slughorn knew Salem was hurting, he could see how gloomy and in a different world she always was. He didn't know what it was, he hadn't even thought her and Draco where that close. But he didn't know how to comfort her much like everyone else.

"Well, go on, open it." he said as Salem took the black, velvet box into her hands with a hesitant look. Slowly pulling the top up, she was met with a beautiful necklace that had a green charm and a snake at the end.

"Slytherin." Salem spoke as she placed it in her hands, feeling the coldness on her palms.

"Well, I know you'd probably like it." Slughorn spoke, Salem did like it, she loved it.

"Thank you." she spoke quietly with sad eyes while hugging him tightly.

When Salem finally managed to make herself leave the small townhouse the two were staying at for a while, she had the necklace around her neck, tracing the snake with her hands as she held her backpack on her back and the two bags in her arms.