12 A New Morning

The next morning, i woke up and smelled something delicious. "Mm.. Is that bacon? Yum.." i said and got out of bed. I went to the kitchen and found Yamato preparing breakfast. "Heh, you're finally up," he said "Haha, go and wash up first! You look like you just woke up!" "That's because i just did!" i said. "Yeah, just making it obvious. Chill!" he said and ruffled my hair.

  So i went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Thing is, Yamato must have already known that i was going to pick him, so he went all out of his way to buy matching toothbrushes. Blue for him, pink for me. Well, i guess that was very thoughtful of him. I thought of this while brushing my teeth.

  The minute i came out of the bathroom, i saw the dining table.. And it was spreaded out with delicious food! Wow, Yamato made all of that in one morning? Very impressive.

  There were eggs and bacon along with roasted tomatoes and potatoes. That was just what i needed to kick start my day! "Haha, come and sit down! You look hungry!" Yamato said with a huge grin. I took a seat opposite Yamato. Woah, Yamato made a lot too! This could feed a circus! Well.. Not literally.. But u get what i mean!

  Yamato and i started to dig in. "Mm, this tastes so good, Yamato! The bacon is cooked till perfection!" i said and took another big bite of bacon. He chuckled and said: "Yeah, it's tasty because I made it!" Okay, he's a boaster but this boaster can cook, no doubt. "Ah, it feels nice to cook for someone and to have them praise you for your cooking!" he said. He just kept looking at me eat. He must really enjoy watching me eat because he kept offering me more food.

  It was a Saturday morning so Yamato doesn't have to go to school to teach. So we took our time, and enjoyed this morning together. Then we just had orange juice to wash it off. Wow, that was really satisfying. "Okay Yamato, I'll wash the plates now, are you done with your food?" i said offering my help. "Nah, let's wash the plates together!" he said and went to the kitchen sink. "But, you made breakfast for me, the least i can do is to wash the plates!" I protested, "Plus, i don't want you to splash water on my face again!" "I'll splash water on your face whenever i feel like it!" he said with a mischievous grin.

  "Here! Wear this apron so that you won't get your clothes wet!" he said and tossed an apron on my my face. I soon realized that we had matching aprons. One blue, one pink. Okay, he must have been really thoughtful and sweet. Aww..

  I guess i was unable to hide my happiness, because Yamato took a look at me and said: "Hey, what's with the grinning?" I snapped back into reality and quickly said without thinking: "Er.. I wasn't grinning! You're just imagining things!" "Yeah whatever, you're just a weirdo." I pouted and said: "No, you're the weirdo! You won't even tell me what I'm doing here in the first place!"

  Yamato fell quiet. He looked at me and just splashed a big handful of water onto my face. Ugh, not again! "Looks like someone needs to clean up!" he said mischievously. I felt that he was hiding something, why won't he tell me?

  I just pouted at him. Showing him my resting bitch face. "Haha! You're so funny when you pout, Sara! Heh, your new nickname is Pouty now!" he kept on laughing and laughing.Then, he just threw a towel onto my face.

  "Here, clean up! And make sure to wipe that frown off your face!" "Haha, very funny."I said sarcastically. Well some mornings could be worse.. Right?