A Birthday Reunion

So I did the glamour spell. I cast it so only the Mikaelsons could see my baby bump. The spell won't work on the witches which means every witch will still be able to see my baby. Rebekah had texted Klaus and told him to keep an eye on Marcel and the witches. I went to bed after the spell not knowing what would happen. I woke up the next day to find Klaus in my room, waiting for me.

"You cast a bloody spell," he asks me.

I nod, "yes, what's the problem?"

"Have you forgotten that Marcel has a secret weapon that can detect when the witches are doing magic," he yells.

"No, I haven't," I yell back, "but have you ever stopped to think about what witches this secret weapon can detect? It can detect Quarter witches. I'm not a Quarter witch."

Klaus sighs, "So you just decided to cast a glamour spell without telling me?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you needed to know everything that I do in my life," I snap.

"No, you will tell me everything you do in your life so I can adjust my plans," Klaus yells back, "I have a plan, but when you start making rash decisions my plan has to be changed."

"What did you tell Marcel about me," I ask.

Klaus sighs again, "I told him you were dead."

This stuns me, "why would you tell him that?"

"Marcel was getting antsy," Klaus explains, "he said he saw you a few days after you left the Quarter for Mystic Falls. He had heard rumors about you being a three way hybrid; he insisted on going to look for you, so I told him you were dead."

"So, you told Marcel, my best friend who would die for me, that I was dead because it was easier than explaining the truth," I ask him.

He nods, "telling Marcel that you're not only a three way hybrid, but that you're also a Mikaelson would complicate everything. Marcel still believes that you're Cecily Lauderdale, not Cordelia Mikaelson."

"Marcel has eyes and ears everywhere," I say to him, "he will find out the truth eventually. It would be best if it came from me."

"You're not thinking about going to see Marcel are you," Klaus asks.

I nod, "look, I get that you have a plan, but I also have one. I'll help you dismantle Marcel's army, but I will not stand on the sidelines, helpless because you think I'm incapable of protecting myself."

Klaus sighs and then smiles, "well, if that's what you want, fine."

I smile, "where's Marcel?"

"He's at our family home, throwing a vampire only party," Klaus answers. There was only one place Marcel could be.

"He's at the compound," I ask, "how'd he get it?"

"He didn't," Klaus says, "he took it after you left for Mystic Falls."

I sigh, "when we take back the Quarter, the first thing we're going to do is take back our home."

"I couldn't agree more," Klaus says.

I sigh, "I'm leaving for the compound in twenty minutes. You can either come with me or meet me there."

"I'll meet you there," Klaus says, walking towards my door. He stops before completely walking out, "oh and happy birthday Cordelia." Klaus smiles one last time before disappearing. I stare at the wall for a minute. How could I have forgotten my own birthday? When I think about it, it's true. Today is June 27th. Today, I turn 347. It's not exactly a mile stone, but it's another year. Adding another year means I'm stronger and faster than I was last year. I sigh and get up out of bed to get dressed. I find a pair of dark wash jeans and a cream, crochet tank top. I fix my hair and apply makeup and soon I fly out my room and down the stairs. I pull on Rebekah's pair of black wedges as I walk out the door.