Sorrows

When I wake up, I hear classical music downstairs, but I can also smell blood. Someone's already walking down the stairs towards the music. The first thing I feel when I sit up is the cravings. Never in my life have I wanted to eat cake and ice cream for breakfast. I sit in my bed for a second though because Elijah's words from last night have rattled me. He actually believed that I slept with Klaus. The mere fact that he even considered it indicates that he doesn't trust me. What exactly have I done to lose his trust? That question will haunt me until I know the answer. Although, when I told Elijah that I didn't want Klaus, it wasn't exactly true. The emotions that I feel for Klaus are uncharted territory for me. I don't know if I want to go down that path, but I'm certainly not going to sit here and ignore it. I get up from the bed and open my door. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen, passing Elijah and Klaus in the living room as I go. I immediately go to the refrigerator and open it, scanning for anything sweet. Searching for anything sweet has distracted me from the noise of footsteps walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning," Elijah says, leaning against the wall. He's going to try to fix things between us, I know it. His words from last night have already done the damage they needed to do though.

"Hey," I say without turning to him. Milk, I also want milk; there's no milk. The back doors open and Rebekah walks in. I turn to her, "listen, I know I'm the only one in this house who actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?"

"Speaking of, add bleach," Rebekah says, waving yellow cleaning gloves in the air as she walks out of the kitchen. I grab the ice-cream container and set it on the counter as Elijah opens the cabinet.

"You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable towards you in my absence," Elijah says.

"In your absence, as you like to call it," I say as I grab the box of cake and close the fridge, "which is a way-too-polite way of saying that Klaus put a dagger in your heart, I have been attacked by Marcel's vampires." Elijah sets a bowl down along with my cereal as he grabs the cake and ice-cream from me. "I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and I was nearly murdered by witches who are convinced that my baby is Lucifer." Elijah starts to pour the cereal into the bowl and then he pours milk. "Oh," I say stunned, "milk. They've been fine. The three of them are weirdly protective. I know I have you to thank for that."

"I'm just happy to see that you're in one piece," Elijah says as he hands me the bowl and a spoon, "so back to the murderous witches. I have some concerns."

"They're evil," I say blatantly, "and my life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux, which is not comforting."

"Yes, I think it's time we took care of that little problem," Elijah says as Rebekah walks in. She's dragging the body of a girl behind her. I assume that's the reason she wanted bleach.

"I am all for it," Rebekah says, "as soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?"

"Probably no one," Elijah answers. I raise my eyebrows at him and he sighs. "All right, potentially everyone," Elijah corrects and I smile. He puts the milk back into the refrigerator and walks out of the kitchen. I finish my cereal and drink a glass of blood before walking up the stairs to change. I change into a pair of shorts and a blue tee when my phone rings. I look at the screen, Marcel.

"Look who finally decided to call me back," I snap.

"Cecily, listen to me," Marcel says, "I had to stall Klaus last night, but he figured it out and Elijah showed up and it was just a mess."

I sigh, "So something did happen. I figured something must've happened. Why did you call me?"

"Klaus ever tell you where he was staying," Marcel asks.