Moonlight Madness

The chaos that has taken hold of the French Quarter is unlike anything I've ever felt before. The vampires that stayed behind are on edge. The witches don't seem to know what's going on and even the tourists have started to take notice. Papa Tunde's resurrection has left me with too many questions and no answers. Out of all the dead witches of the French Quarter, why was he resurrected? Today, Father Kieran has decided to reopen St. Anne's Church, so Klaus and Marcel have left to attend the opening service. I stayed behind simply because it's too damn early in the morning for me to be dealing with humans, especially after what I saw a couple nights ago. I don't think I've ever seen so many dead vampires in one place. For the first time in a long time, I was afraid. Papa Tunde is a lot stronger than he was 100 years ago and this time his target isn't just me, it's the Originals as well. Klaus has given me strict orders not to leave the compound unless he's with me. When I asked if I could leave with one of the Originals, I swear a blood vessel had popped in his eye. He told me that if I couldn't handle Papa Tunde, then an Original vampire definitely wouldn't be able to protect me and the baby. I think he just wants to be the one to watch me if I do decide to leave the compound, which is fine with me. Papa Tunde's return does have one advantage- I get to see Klaus's protective side. It's comforting to know that underneath the bloodthirsty killer is someone who does genuinely care about those he love. A knock on the living room door brings me out of my thoughts and back to reality. I'm thankful that Josh has the eloquence of a nobleman and answered his phone when I texted him earlier this morning. Elijah is standing at the door, holding a glass of what I'm craving right now.

"Please tell me that's what I think it is," I ask him as he walks over to me.

"One guava-hibiscus flavored drink," he confirms, handing the glass to me. I eagerly take a sip of it and immediately cringe. No, he didn't. "My brother has insisted that if I give you something to eat or drink, you must have blood with it," Elijah says with a sympathetic smile.

"You put blood in my guava-hibiscus drink," I enunciate each word, slowly and clearly. My hormones are a raging mess today and my patience is wearing thin. I'm in no mood for people screwing around with me.

Elijah's wide eyes would be entertaining if I were in a better mood, "you know how Niklaus is when it comes to you and the baby."

"That doesn't mean you can put blood into my drink," I snap at him.

"I can go and get you some without blood," Elijah tries to amend, but Gwen's heels clicking against the ground cut him off.

"Don't bother Elijah," she says, standing next to him, "dear Delia's wolfy-witchy hormones have finally started to kick in." Since when has she called me Delia?

"I'm glad to see that the looming threat of a bloody warlock hasn't dimmed your capability of being a bitch," I hiss at her and, being the complete bitch that she is, Gwen just laughs.

"I'm glad to see that sleeping with my brother has improved your comebacks," she says and I walk out of the room, making sure to shove her with my shoulder as I do. I walk out onto the balcony and continue down the steps into the courtyard. As I cross the courtyard, I step on something large and when I look down, my glass drops from my hand, the shattering sound echoing off the walls of the compound.

"Cordelia," Elijah says, appearing at my side, Gwen on my other. In front of me on the ground is Papa Tunde, his throat slashed, lying in a sacrificial circle of his own making.

"Bloody hell," Gwen whispers as the vampires all just suddenly appear in the courtyard.

"Call Niklaus," Elijah says, "now." My hands shaking, I pull my phone out and press Klaus's name. It rings once before he answers it.