009

Y/N's POV

Sesi and I buried Yang's body in our favorite place. We sat there in silence for a minute after we buried him. I placed a couple flowers down and we headed back to the oasis where Katara, Sokka and Aang were.

Yue had given up her life to save the moon spirit. I placed my hand on Sokka shoulder trying to comfort him.

I told them about what had happened to Yang and they pulled me into a group hug. We all pulled away and Katara asked to speak with me privately.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I asked her. "I don't know if now is a good time but, as you know we're leaving soon. I wanted to ask if you still wanted to stay here instead of traveling with us." She said. "Yeah I'll go. I don't think I can stay here any longer. Everything reminds me of-" I started tearing up and Katara cut me off. "It's okay Y/N. You don't have to say it." She hugged me. "Thanks Katara. I don't know what I'd do without you or Sesi. Speaking of Sesi. I'm gonna go say goodbye to her." I went off to go find Sesi.

"Hey Sesi. Can I talk to you?" I asked. "Sure. What's up?" She replied. "Sesi i'm leaving to travel with the avatar." I said. She pulled me in for a tight hug. "I'm gonna miss you Y/N." A couple tears rolled down her cheek. I wiped them away. "Don't worry. I'll make sure to visit." I smiled at her.

Sokka walked up to us. "Y/N! We're leaving come on." He said dragging me away from Sesi. I smiled and waved goodbye to her.

We were on a boat and Master Pakku gave Katara a necklace full of spirit water. He gave Aang a couple water bending scrolls and gave me and Sokka a pat on the shoulder.

We climbed on Appa and said goodbye. "Appa, yip yip!" Aang said. I sat next to Katara and we braided each others hair.

After a while of flying we finally made it to General Fong's fortress. We landed and we were greeted by General Fong and his soldiers. "Welcome, Avatar Aang!" General Fong said.

"And welcome to all of you great heroes, Appa, Momo, Brave Sokka, The Mighty Katara and The Courageous Y/N!" He said. "Mighty Katara? I like that." Katara smirked.

I was startled by the sound of fireworks. "Woah!" I said fascinated. "Not bad. Not bad." Sokka said.

"Avatar Aang we are all amazed at the stories of how you singlehandedly wiped out an entire Fire Navy fleet in the North Pole. I can't imagine what it feels like to wield that much power. It's an awesome responsibility." He ran his fingers through his beard. "I try not to think about it too much." Aang replied.

"Avatar, you're ready to face the Firelord now." General Fong said. "What? No i'm not." Aang said. "Aang still needs to master all four elements." Katara said. "Why? With the kind of power he possesses, power enough to destroy hundreds of battleships in a matter of minutes, he could defeat the fire lord now." He said.

"Sir, the thing is, Aang can only do those things when he's in the avatar state." Sokka replied. "See, it's this special state where-" "I'm well aware. Your eyes and tattoos glow and your able to summon unbelievable power." General Fong cut Aang off.

"Without you, we'd be slaughtered before we even reached their shores, but with you leading the way, as the ultimate weapon, we could cut a swath right through to the heart of the Fire Nation." General Fong pointed on a map.

"Right, but I don't know how to get in or out of the avatar state, much less what to do once i'm there." Aang said. "So it's decided then. I'll help you figure out how to get into the avatar state, and then you'll face your destiny." He said as we all stood up. "No. Nothing's decided. We already have a plan. Aang's pursuing his destiny his way." Katana crossed her arms. I nodded in agreement.

"Well, while you take your time learning the elements, the war goes on. May I show you something?" He said as we nodded and followed him.

"That's the infirmary, and those soldiers are the lucky ones. They came back. Everyday the Fire Nation takes lives. People are dying, Aang. You could end it now. Think about it." He said as he walked away.