Chapter 1: Proluge+The Painful Past (Kageyama)

The red string of fate...

This is a string that ties your hand with your soulmate, there could be two strings, but that's on the uncommon-rare side, but is definitely possible.

The string looks like an average red thread, but is glossier, and can stretch as long as across the world.

There is no accurate time when you precisely are going to meet your soulmate or the age when you start seeing the string.
There definitely were people who couldn't see it, but that made them 0.5% of people who couldn't see it from birth. The next were the people whose soulmates were dead, this made up about 4.5% of the population; in some cases, the string redirects your soulmate, changing the person you are destined with. The next types of people are the ones who have given up on their soulmate, this makes up about 9.7% of the population; the people who have given up on their soulmate/soulmates will have a pretty hard life ahead of them, since blocking a soulmate requires a lot of effort, let me give you a step-by-step procedure:

1. First you have to take a blade or something that can cut your skin and place it next to you with a bottle of water, that has salt mixed in it.

2. Trace the string on your hand to find the spot with the knot, make sure that it's precisely there, then dab it with the saltwater and close your eyes and say "break." two-three times.

3. The third step is the hard one... You take the object that can cut you to the knot that you dabbed with saltwater, you only need a few drops of blood, but it's preferred to cut a "cross" on there.

4. Once you've done that, all you need to do is focus deeply, and the string you see will be gone...

This may be the method that is commonly used- and works...

But it also has a few tradeoffs for threesome/poly relationships, since two people can see the string... the third-string doesn't completely disappear, in fact, it turns close to invisible, but can be seen in the sunlight, glistening. The other tradeoff is that usually this fact is not shared with the public, so people do it anyway and the outcomes are not always good. The third tradeoff is that the other two individuals can easily sense the pain, or happiness of the person who shuts them off, but it can't be easily detected from where.

The final, but most important tradeoff is that the other two individuals can also experience the pain the other individual is feeling, ex. If the individual who has shut the other two, falls and bruises their knee- the other two individuals may experience the same pain at different low levels...

As I had mentioned earlier, threesome/poly relationships are uncommon or rare... Since the compatibility of the people can vary, they are easy to break up.

If the person who has stopped the relationship has emotional changes or loses focus, the string on all three of their hands tighten up twice, and if the person who stopped it regains focus on the string, everything changes to how it was before, except for the fact that the other two people can see the string for that period of time.

-·-·-Tobio Kageyama-·-·-

Kageyama never really expected his soulmates to be them. He already knew from the moment Oikawa tried to punch him it wouldn't work, he also knew that Oikawa and Iwaizumi were soulmates. To begin with, he could see the glossy red string tying the three of them three together. 

The question that had always ringed him was that could they see the string back at that time? 

If he hadn't shut them off, would they have excepted him?