Chapter 4: 3v3 (Kageyama) [3/3]

(Quick comment: listen to the youtube video, the song is very beautiful- it totally didn't make me cry...)

The red string of fate...

This is a string that ties your hand with your soulmate, there could be two strings, but that's on the uncommon-rare side, but is definitely possible.

The string looks like an average red thread, but is glossier, and can stretch as long as across the world.

There is no accurate time when you precisely are going to meet your soulmate or the age when you start seeing the string.

°•Kageyama•°

--flashback--

"No, Tobio, no," Kazuyo said, as he repeated his hand movements, "your movements are too stiff, you need to relax your shoulders, and don't tense your muscles,"

Tobio stared at his father's hand movements, "one more time," he said.
Kazuyo smiled, "of course," saying that, Kazuyo elegantly threw the ball to Tobio.

As if everything had slowed down, Kageyama saw the same void, the net. The ball. His father. Himself. Everything slowed down, he looked at the ball falling in slow motion, relax your body, he thought to himself, he slowly moved to the place he predicted the ball would fall, the ball kept falling, as soon as it reached the same height as the net; Kageyama jumped. At that moment, he aimed the ball precisely to the middle of the court, cupping his hands, he pushed the ball up.

Gravity pulled him back to the ground, he saw his father in the corner of his eye, he watched Kazuyo jump and spike the ball, it hit the ground on the other side making a huge thump. Kageyama saw everything clearly again, the void was gone, "Kageyama Tobio." his father said.

Kageyama turned around, expecting some kind of critique to improve his sets, instead, his father's eyes were glassy, "father! What happened? Did you get hurt?" Tobio asked, worrying.

"No," Kazuyo smiled, "that set was the most beautiful one I've seen in years," Kazuyo said, ducking under the net to go and pick the volleyball up from the other side. Tobio smiled, his eyes twinkling, "it felt amazing! It felt as if I was in a different place!" He exclaimed.

"Is that right?" His father said, "you know Tobio, I was thinking, do you like setting, now?" Kazuyo looked at Tobio.

"Yes, the feeling of seeing just the ball, the net, and the other person close to you is amazing, it's very fascinating," Kageyama announced, Kazuyo stared at him, then snickered, "I was going to ask you if you wanted to learn more."

Tobio paused, "you mean I can also spike like you? Can I also do the cool thing you do when you throw the ball up and spike it up?"

"A jumpshot, yes."

"Then I'll like to learn more," Tobio concluded smiling, his father doing the same.
--end of flashback--

°•Kageyama•°

The answer was that he was just a cause for the effect, he wasn't playing alone; he was playing with someone. And that someone depended on him. Believed in him to set the ball to him.

Tobio looked at the ball Sugawara had given him, his brain still trying to understand that he didn't have to feel guilty, Sugawara wasn't jealous of him. He looked at Hinata, who flinched. He watched Hinata point at him and look at Tanaka, who nodded, "y-yeah?" Hinata asked to stutter.

"I envy your athleticism," he bluntly said, not sure how he should give a compliment.
"What?!" Hinata yelped, most likely surprised.
"It pisses me off that you're letting it all go to waste," Kageyama said, subconsciously mimicking Tsukishima's way of adding salt to a complement.