Chapter 14: Interhigh Prelims Part 2

(Video link: https://youtu.be/QhM4pQcSuOI)

A/n I'ma just say this again, I just felt too lazy to rewatch the episodes, so like-- I'm working with the memory have from two months ago, so, many of the dialogues may be missing, and replaced with some of my creation; so in any case, I hope you enjoy.

[Kageyama]

"What?" He brought himself to ask the brunette.

Oikawa ignored him and turned back to his team.

"Kageyama, you good?" Nishinoya asked, waving his arm in front of Kageyama, who had zoned out. "Kageyama get up!"

Kageyama shook his head and turned to Nishinoya and Tsukishima staring at him, "yeah, I'm fine, why?"

"Oh shut it," Tsukishima scoffed and hit him on the back. "Get up!"

"Yes, I'm up!" Kageyama picked himself up and took the position.

The next ball was put into play and the tension between Kageyama, Oikawa, and Iwaizumi was rising. Without thinking, he set the towards Tsukishima, who was caught off guard and missed it. Kageyama could feel his face burning. Asahi jumped from the back, in an attempt to spike the ball, which he thankfully did.

As the next rally played in, Seijoh earned a point, because Kageyama's vertical for the block was low.

He hung his head down for a moment, feeling annoyed, confused, and scared that he might be the cause of yet another loss.

"Oi, Kageyama, are you okay?" Tanaka asked, walking next to him. "Just say something if you aren't."

"I'm fi-"

The whistle blew, interrupting Kageyama.

He felt his vision blur as he spotted Sugawara hold a number 9 in his arm. . .

I've done it again. . . haven't I? Better go out the court without causing a huge scene. . . He thought to himself as he looked down and began walking out of the court.

"Hey um. . . King?" Kindaichi whispered from the other side.

Kageyama ignored that and grabbed the number 9 from Sugawara's hand.

"Don't sulk, this is just to cure your mind of any shit he's said, or flashbacks," Sugawara whispered.

Kageyama's eyes widened and fell back into a dread feeling.

"Kageyama! I already said I'll be the one to defeat you, so don't you dare lose to anyone-"

"The games not over," Kageyama mumbled, shutting Hinata. "And, wave back at Kenma at least-"

"Kenma?!" Hinata jumped and began mumbling incoherently.

The referee eyed them and coughed.

"Watch me kick their butts!" Hinata smiled and leaped into the court with Sugawara.

- - - -

It's getting hot. . . Kageyama thought to himself and uneasily looked around, he was unnerved by the fact that everyone on his team was functioning at 100%+

Of course, he wasn't jealous—or was he?

He took a deep breath and looked at Sugawara set the ball to Hinata; though it wasn't a fast attack, it was good enough to trick Seijoh.

"Kageyama-kun, come here," Takeda said, making Kageyama flinch a bit.

He slowly ran towards the teacher and crouched beside the bench.