Chapter Four

The Waverider comes back to chaos, Iris brings a frenemy, and Brainy has some tweaking of plans to do.

Enjoy the first part of "The Flash!"

***

"I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately," Barry said as he leaned over Sara's shoulder, watching her smoothly pilot the Waverider. "But thank you for this."

"We're a team, Barry," Sara smiled up at him. "We've got your six. Besides, after what happened with Fallout and the Nazis, I want to punch this son of a bitch in the face."

Barry smirked. "Only if I can watch."

"He's your bad guy. You'll get the front row seat."

"Deal."

Something on the console blinked, and Sara nodded. "Gideon, let everyone know we're coming up on Central City."

"On it, Captain Lance."

"This is exciting," Barry bounced in place as he sat in one of the chairs directly behind Sara. "I've never actually time jumped before in this ship."

"Let's hope you hold onto your dinner or lunch or whatever you had to eat before you joined us in the Wild West," Sara said, hearing the rest of her team come to the bridge. "It can be a bit of a shock." She pulled the lever to take them out of the temporal zone –

And she quickly swerved the Waverider to the side so she didn't run into a purple beam pulsing into the sky. "What the – ?!" Zari screeched as she went flying through the air, crashing into Wally and Nate, the trio ending up in a pile of limbs.

Barry clung to his harness for dear life as Cisco yelped and crashed into another seat. "What was that for?" he protested.

"I think your Thinker is still a few steps ahead of you," Sara gritted her teeth, settling the Waverider on the roof of S.T.A.R. Labs.

"Oh, no," Kara blanched, seeing the purple beam shooting into the sky.

Barry flashed off of the bridge and out of the Waverider, Cisco barreling after him. Sara settled the Waverider and flung her harness off, then charged after them. "Let's go, everyone!" she shouted.

***

When Barry arrived in the cortex, all of the power except the emergency lights were off. When Cisco and Sara breached in behind him, Barry pointed at his friend. "Cisco, we need power!"

"Working on it!" he rushed off.

He ran past Caitlin, whose face was drained of color. "There you are," she panted. "I've looked around, nothing is working, not even cell phones."

Barry closed his eyes in defeat. "That's what I was worried about."

"So is this it?" Oliver asked as he and Kara arrived next, the rest of the teams spilling in after them. "DeVoe's . . . Enlightenment?"

"Cait?" Barry looked at the doctor.

"I checked everything while you were gone," she said as Wally helped Joe with Cecille. "DeVoe replaced the satellite you destroyed with the S.T.A.R. Labs satellite to set off the Enlightenment."

"We just checked outside," Ray jogged in. "There's no power anywhere."

"Our car just stopped working," Joe nodded.

"Thank God we were close by," Cecille sighed. "I mean, the hospital is another three miles away."

"The hospital?" Alex blinked.