Chapter Eight Lies & More LIES

That night Jerald didn't come home and Casey wasn't bothered by it not one bit, it was becoming the norm. She was relaxed and a little bit anxious for her upcoming meeting with Isis. That next morning Casey fixed herself some tea and sat at her computer in her study to check her emails. Something she didn't get a chance to do often. "All this junk mail, it's a mess"! Casey said aloud. Clicking and deleting messages; she was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Hold on Casey called out" as she slid on her slippers. She looked through the peephole and didn't see anyone. In between the screen door was a brown envelope. Casey slowly opened the door and reached for the package; she quickly closed and locked the door.

Her heart was racing; she was a little shaking by the eeriness of it all. She parted the blinds to see if anyone was standing outside her home. It was a Sunday so the mailman wasn't out and the neighbors across the street were walking their dog. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Casey took a deep breath and headed back into the study. She laid the package on her desk and fixed her a piece of toast. Nowadays Casey really couldn't stomach much so she snacked on bread and crackers especially in the mornings when felt the sickest. Returning to the study she sat; contemplating opening the envelope, not knowing what or who sent it gave her the creeps. Taking another deep breath Casey reached for her letter opener and went for it.

Casey looked inside and grabbed the stack of photos. Jerald and another female sitting in a restaurant the date read 01/02/09, so it was just a few days ago. The females back was towards the camera so Casey couldn't see her face, but the frame of the woman looked familiar.

Flipping through the photos and trying to figure out who the female was, was very frustrating.

"Whoever took these photos has got to be kidding me; not getting a shot of the face is just plain stupid". "It could be his momma for all I know, Casey thought to herself".

There was a picture of him and the unidentified female in the car, in the mall, and at several different restaurants. Every picture was at her back. Casey was pissed that she couldn't see who it was and just throws the pictures in her desk draw. Confused and all Casey completes some paperwork she needed to send into the office, although she was off, she still had reports she needed to have done.

Later that evening Jerald comes home and is very stand offish, things were just unstable, but Casey was okay with it. Jerald went in the study made a few calls. Casey had forgotten about the photos in the draw. There wasn't anything she could do about it so she just went to bed, hoping he wouldn't see them.

Monday morning came and Casey was ready to get it all over with. Jerald left for work and said his goodbyes. That morning flew by so fast it was 11:30am before she knew it. She had an hour and half before she would meet up with Isis at the restaurant. So Casey decided to get dressed and drop some clothes off at the cleaners on her way. Casey's nerves were rattled; she was trying to pull herself together; this was going to be interesting. Her phone rings, it was Jerald.

"Hello"

"Hey Casey I'm sorry I didn't come home the night before last, man I was wasted and passed out on Vic's couch".

"Okay well, I have a few errands to run; talk to you later"!

Jerald was so surprised that Casey didn't yell and cuss him out he felt weird about it, but accepted it. "How bout I go on and take the day off and just come home and spend the evening with you"?

"I don't care what you do Jerald, we don't see one another that much". "We barely talk I don't know what to say anymore, we're more like roommates than lovers" finished Casey.