Babysitting

Chapter 14: Babysitting

MID'S POV

The next morning, I got a horrible wake up call around seven o-clock by a knock at my door. Groaning, I rub my pounding head, rolling to my side.

"Yeah?!" I call, my voice hoarse.

"Hey," my sister called back. "I'm heading to the boarding house. Want a ride?"

"Um," I mumble as I feel a large arm wrap around my waist, pulling my backside into a hard chest. I smile widely, biting my lip. "No. I'm good here!"

"Okay," she said. "I'll bring you coffee on my way back."

"Make sure it has cinnamon on top of the whipped cream!" I remind her, hearing her chuckle before she walks away. I feel Damon's chest rumble as he chuckles at my comment.

"What happened to bourbon in your coffee? I believed you called it Bourffee?" he teased. I turn to face him, snuggling my face in his chest.

"That's only when I'm stressed, Jackass," I chuckle, looking up to him. "And I'm in a rather good mood, thank you."

He smiles, leaning down and kissing my forehead. "I think I can guess why," he smirked. "You have the mind-blowing sex after glow."

I scoff, sitting up. "Whatever, Salvatore. I need a shower."

"Ooh, sounds fun," he smiles. "Let's go."

I laugh, getting up, smiling down at him. "Race you there," I challenge.

I go to run but he is in front of me already, picking me up bridal style and walking to the bathroom.

"No way," he denies. "You've ran away from me for too long."

I giggle. "But I always find my way back to you. Because no matter how much I try to hate you, I always find myself loving you."

He beemed, looking down at me. "Well, I'm glad. That means I can love you for eternity."

I smile up at him.

"Maybe we will be together for eternity. All we gave to do it wait."

***

After out shower, Damon said he'd meet me back at the Salvatore boarding house. I finished dressing in a black tank top with the words "I don't bite hard" in bold white letters, ripped black jeans with healed ankle high boots and curled my brown hair.

I applied little mascara and red lipstick before grabbing my keys and phone and heading to my mustang. I put on my mustang and turned up "Money Make Her Smile" by Bruno Mars before driving to the Salvatore Mansion.

Once I get there, I quickly go inside, closing the door behind me. I walk in to see Damon checking out Rose's werewolf bite. Oh yeah, she got bit by Jules, Mason's werewolf friend last night. Did I forget to mention that? Oh well.

"Definitely... Better," he tells her. "Right, Silver?"

"Well," I was about to insult her, but she turned around and I caught the look in her eyes. She didn't want to die. She was scared. I sigh. "It's not as bad as I thought," I half lie.

Elena walks in and smiles at me. "Hey," she says handing me my coffee. I gasp happily, taking a big gulp.

"Where's Stefan?" I ask her. She pointed to the door. "He left. I need you too talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel," she tells me.

I glare at her. "Vamp, bitch, gene diner who I hate with all my guts?" I hiss. She nodded.

"That's the one," she confirms. "But I think that's going to upset Elijah."