New Feelings and Old Flames

Chapter 5: New Feelings and Old Flames

MID'S POV

The sun started to shine through the blinds and onto my face, making me groan. I roll over and snuggle deeper into Damon's naked chest. He was still asleep, so I quietly got up and out of his arms, putting on my bra and panties and one of Damon's shirts before walking to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and comb out my very tangled hair. I sigh, looking at the mark on my neck. It was still there from where a Damon bit me, and I couldn't be more happier.

It was my mate's mark.

"Silver?" I heard him groggily voice call out. I came out of the bathroom, none of the buttons on his shirt buttoned and smiled at him.

"Hey," I say, running over and jumping onto the spot next to him. He smiled, starting to run his fingers over my stomach making me giggle. "What's that face?" I ask.

He didn't meet my eye, just continued to play with my skin. "What face?" he asked, but his grin only grew wider. I smirked.

"That face," I giggled. He looks up at me and pulls me to him.

"I'm happy," he says then kisses me. I cuddle into his side, feeling his fingers run over my neck where he bit me. "Why hasn't this healed?" he asked.

I look up at him to see him glaring at the mark. I smile at him, kissing his cheek. "It's okay, it's just a symbol," I tell him. He looks at me confused.

"For what?" he asked. I smile up at him.

"That I found my mate," I say, giggling when I see his eyes light up.

Suddenly, he pulls me to straddle him, making me squeal in surpise.
He laughs, kissing me deeply, then leaning his forehead against mine.

"You just made me the happiest man alive," he says, then kisses me again. Well, let's just say we didn't leave the room for a while.

~~~~~~~

Lockwood Mansion, 1864

STEFAN'S POV

"Look who found his dancing shoes," Katherine said as we danced. I tried to lean in to kiss her but she put her hand in front of me, backing away.

"Ah! No touching Mr. Salvatore, those are the rules," Katherine told me with a smirk. I scoff.

"I thought you didn't believe in rules," I say, looking off to where Damon and Nataline were dancing, laughing and smiling. I sigh, sadly. Damon looks over to me, then back at Nataline.

"My brother is still upset you chose the older, more handsome brother to be your escort," I hear Damon tell Nataline. She smiles, her silver eyes shinning as she giggles.

"Well, Stef is just going to have to deal with his older brother being a better dancer," she says, making Damon smile. I turn back to Katherine to see her still smiling at me as we finished our dance, she looked off and smiles.

"Look, Damon found someone to occupy his time," she says, making me look at her in confusion. I look back to not see Nataline with him, bu modern day Mid, smiling as he kissed her hand. She looked over, smirking and gave me a little wave.