The Guilt

The next day it's been an hour and Andrea was still sleeping after being examined with her trauma and physical injuries. Emily took a nap on the bed next to Miranda while Nigel went back to Elias Clarke. Miranda decided to call her ex husband for an update but he didn't answer he reject the call and Miranda was starting to get worried but she convinced herself maybe his busy working on the plan. She sent message and sat on the couch while waiting she decided to do small works thinking she must not let this monster control her life and win the situation. She held up a short emergency meeting and made directives to the team. After the business matter they made a video conference as the runway Family members only to check Andrea and Emily who were both still asleep during lunch break. Miranda decided it is best for them to focus on their work so Andrea has more time resting. Ending the short call has calm her a little bit. She checked on the twins who were making lunch together in James and Miranda's rest house with their grandma. Miranda wants to visit them but she knows its safe for them to stay with their grandma since James will do business matters with mafia again.

It's half past 12 and Miranda woke up Emily to eat lunch and told her to freshen up as she will watch Andrea. She was drinking a fruit shake as her meal while still on her laptop. She went through the emails to check and make few replies. She noticed she has ignored Andrea's personal emails on her private mailing and opened it. It's 500 mails, it was bunch of photos. She scroll to the very first message where Andrea was explaining about the hurricane and canceled flights there were screenshot photos of the conversation she made.

Miranda it's 1am here and still nothing is flying. But good news! I have finally git a help from Donatella and pilot says he will fly at 4am. You will arrive just on time for the twins. Smile Miranda! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!

After that she ignored Andrea's emails. She regrets doing so as she continue reading. It was a stolen photo of her inserted in the group photo with the runway family.

I believe you have ignored my emails. I'm sorry to disappoint you about that but look at me. I'm a changed person now. Changed woman. Thanks to you and these lovely ladies i found new home snd family in these smart working girls. We wish you come with us. This is our first night out together. You're the only one not there. But we know ofcourse you have twins and husband. So i croped and inserted my stolen photo of you. You look lovely smiling i hope the filter works well in your eyes as much as it does to me. Look at that were all together in the party happy and having fun." They were all seated in a big couch with a tower of tequila on the center of the small table. Looking sweaty and noisy with their crazy make faces. Miranda finds it cute and sweet.

The next photo was the harry potter cover manuscript.

Hi. Miranda. I know you don't read here. But i hope you do. This were the choices of the cover of manuscript so it would look published and done. Please don't fire me. I'm loving these job really!

There were 3 lay outs of the cover and the second one was the one used on her given copy. The first one were the copies of the twins.

Miranda I'm so sorry about Stephen. I hope I can do my job well to lift up your spirits. Stay strong for the twins. Don't mind what the tabloids says. We know who you really are. Don't give a damn about it.

She was brought out of her thoughts when a nurse came in to check Andrea and gave medicine. Emily came out just as the nurse got out of the room. And noticed Miranda looks distraught. "Are you alright Miranda?" she nods and replied with a small smile. "Im fine Emily. Just checking up emails." She put on her glasses and continues to make random check on the photos. She realized how devoted and loyal Andrea is to her. Those emails were not just about work but includes little cheer up advice. There was a familiar photo of her in her office staring at the window with her Starbucks and Andrea was taking selfie with Emily and Nigel. She was surprised she never noticed it. The date was 3 months ago. That was the day she noticed the team were all in shades of black. It was Friday which means their night out.

Hey there boss! We're really surprised you joined our squadgoal shade for the regular night out. How I wish you were reading this messages and might have you know.. Bump your head to something and come to join us. It will be very fun and we'd love you there! We're always in a private room so there is high privacy and you surely won't be on the page 6 of Monday News papers.. Runway Family loves you ❤️

The next photo caught her attention was from the conference room with the runway family again but her seat was empty and there was a photo of her that looks like from first party she had attended with Andrea. She was smiling warmly. While they look at her like it was a candid they are all laughing with the smiling photo.

We could feel your loneliness there Miranda. Drowning from Runway and the twins. I mean what else do you do? Why don't you join us! Nigel was really wanting to invite you but were just really looking for the perfect time.. Well like you know.. More than a year now?! 😂😂  We all hope you are doing well. We don't know what's going on with you but we would love to cheer you up if given chance. Stay strong Miranda for your twins. They are smart and beautiful like you! SMILE!!

It's been 3 o'clock when her ex-husband came. She quickly closed her laptop and run to him and give tight hug as he kiss her hair. "Thank God you are SAFE! How did it go?" James was surprised with these gestures and he was feeling a bit sore in his body. "Hmmn.. Sweetheart can I take a seat first?" Miranda got a worried look as they sat on the couch. "How is your Andrea doing?" they look a small glance. "I see. We have new agreements. This time no more payment settlements. And they will even be the one to pay since they were the once who broke the rules. They will pay the half we pay." she noticed her ex husband keeps rubbing and holding his right side lower ribs. "James look at me. Did they hurt you? Did you see the monster?" he shook his head and made a lie. "I got a few injury last week when i was in the farm tooking ride with new horse. It was quite wild and hard to calm. I thought I could manage it  but I end up being thrown off her back and land badly." She raised her one brow and made expression of her face. "Not a good liar James. Let me see. Let's have Mike check it his attending Andrea." He shook his head. "Really I'm fine. But they have one condition before punishing Zandro.... He.. Wants to see you.. With.. With Andrea.. I disagree." "Oh God! I have no plans in mind to gamble any life again over my safety James. I'm sorry for causing you these. Is there any other options?" He shook his head. They will wait til tomorrow morning 8am for your answer. "This has to end now! Emily can you call the doctor please." Emily went straight right away. "we don't have to. Stephen helped me with the arrangements. It's been long story but he was part of the mafia decades ago. He ended his connections when he met and marry you. He had his ways and it was settled. There must be call in any moment for his capture and punishment. It appears that he gets into most of the wife's of other leaders. And Stephen made arrangements to put actions into plan as they appeal to the group." they were in tears as they hug each other and found a little peace. The doctor came in and checked his old friend James. After a few moments James was settled to rest in Emily's bed while Emily occupied Miranda's bed and the editor stayed in couch.

Her mind was battling of conscience and guilt. Making trouble for so many lives. She was in deep thought while looking at the photo of the twins.
"Im not a praying person but I am asking you. Please help me find peace and heal this precious people you have blessed me. I don't know how I deserve this. I did what I thought is best for everyone. I'm not asking for much but for safety and good health for everyone. Please spare us from harm and stop Zandro for any other victims." she whisper these small prayer in her thoughts. As she cries in silent.