~ Eight ~

Karli Månen, Prinsessen af Månen

This may come as a surprise to you, but you will not be under the care of Groa Denheks as you were expecting. Instead, I, her nephew, Thorben, Crown Prince of Sol, will send for you. You shall reside at Mellom Manor until arrangements are made to bring you to the Sol Palace.

Thorben Fradensol, Kronprins

The girl rolled the letter up and tucked it away within the folds of her dress. She leaned against a tree as an array of emotions played across her face. Confusion, shock, disbelief, deeper confusion.

"This is addressed to a princess. Well, it's addressed to me, but it says "princess"..." She looked at the bear for answers, he watched her with stoic patience.

"I have no idea where Mellom Manor is. It's too far to walk, of that I'm sure." She paced the small clearing for several moments. Finally she let out a defeated sigh, "I'm going home."

She turned westward into the dark forest. The bear jumped to his feet and blocked the path. He nuzzled her in the other direction.

She shrugged her shoulders, "What do you want, Bear? I can't walk the whole wood tonight, I'll freeze before morning."

The bear crouched awkwardly with his large head low to the ground. He looked up at her expectantly. She walked around his bulky figure. She heard a movement behind her and turned, half expecting to see the bear crawling after her. What she saw was a blur of white as he slammed against her, knocking her onto his back. He raced East, into the forest, barely giving her a moment to steady herself. She latched onto clumps of fur to keep herself from falling as his muscles worked beneath her.

                    * Prinsessen = Princess, Kronprins = Crown Prince*

                         ~  Comment and Votes are much appreciated  ~