Chapter 6: Boyfriend and Girlfriend?

O/A/N: I do not own Tokyo Mew Mew. But Parfait is mine!
______

As Ichigo and Mint worked on a bed together – Mint, for once, actually pitching in – Mint asked, "This doesn't make sense to me."

Ichigo looked up in surprised, pausing as she tucked a corner of the sheets under the mattress. "Well, see, when you make a bed, you just spread the sheets over the matteress like this-"

"No, not that," Mint corrected her. "I mean, Shigarre-san had a point. I know Tart said they owe us for giving them the Mew Aqua, but if they wanted to they could just let us fight the aliens on our own and pretend they aren't involved."

She thought to herself for a moment. "You know what? I'll bet the enemy aliens just said they were going to attack us just so that Kisshu and the others would leave their planet vulnerable to attack."

Ichigo nodded. "Hai, that's what that one girl, Parfait, was saying."

Mint glanced slyly at Ichigo. "She didn't like you much, did she?"

Ichigo turned red and said, "Yeah! She didn't! She was just glaring at me for no reason at all! I didn't do anything to her."

"Nothing?...are you sure about that?"

Ichigo stared at her. "What do you mean, Mint?"

"Well…it's obvious she was jealous," Mint said smugly.

"HUH?"

"Did you see how she was looking at Kisshu?"

She had seen that. And she'd had a suspicion, but she didn't want to admit it to Mint.

Ichigo turned away, picking up a pillow and stuffing it into a pillowcase. "Sure, I saw. So what?"

Mint said, "So they're probably boyfriend and girlfriend."

Ichigo's jaw fell open. "WHAT?" Unfortunetly, that was the same idea she'd had about the two of them. She had just been hoping Mint hadn't gotten the same impression of the situation.

Mint nodded. "Yup. The way she was looking at him was very territorial – I don't think she even wanted you near him." Mint stopped, looking a little surprised at Ichigo's face.

Ichigo was looking down at the ground, unhappily taking in what Mint was saying and imaging in her head, Parfait's beautiful face scowling at her again, and the way she'd grabbed Kisshu's arm and pulled him back. It was probably true.

In which case, she felt doubly ashamed of the fact that the thought of Kisshu was what gave her comfort on the nights she had the bad dreams.

After all…why would Kisshu have continued thinking about her after he left? He had said that one thing…but he could easily have forgotten about it, and in the glory of his return, he would've had a ton of girls liking him.

Ichigo sighed. She wished she didn't care as much as she did. But she couldn't help it. She'd been so sure that there was something in Kisshu's expression as he'd stared at her…but maybe she had imagined it.

She fluffed the pillow and smoothed over the sheets one last time. He has a girlfriend now. I need to stop thinking about him so much. She glanced over her handiwork, and walked out of the room.

As she went out, she was startled by Parfait teleporting a few feet away from her. The stunning alien girl looked at Ichigo with the same amount of intense dislike she'd had earlier. As she passed by Ichigo aloofly, she said;

"I hope you set up two beds in here – Kisshu and I will be sharing a room."

Ichigo's face turned bright red. "Oh, uh – h-hai!" Muttering an excuse, she hurried down the stairs as fast as she could, into the kitchen which was, thankfully, deserted.