Chapter 4 If people don't care about me why should I?

Chapter 4 If people don't care about me, why should I?

I take in a deep breath and slowly place the razor back into the shower where it's meant to be. Suicide isn't the answer.

I walk out of the bathroom and jump back on my bed. Again, I cant stop the tears from falling. I feel so alone. I hate being alone.

I haven't had any supper, and now I don't even want any. I've lost my appetite.

What makes me feel even worse is neither of my parents have come to check on me. I might not have responded, but they should still take two minutes to show they still care for me. Obviously they don't care at all. Maybe I should've just ended myself. I wonder if they would have cared then.

*****Space*****

I walk into the school the next morning not caring about anything or anyone. I'm done caring. If people don't care about me, why should I care about them?

At my locker, I look over my shoulder and see Chelsey walking with Dana to our first block. Figures!

I knew Chelsey would do this. She always does this.

I return my attention to my locker and finish what I started, then I walk to first block by myself, as usual. Everything is so typical, routine. To my utter shock, something unusual actually happens! On my way to first block, I see an unfamiliar face, and he's looking right at me!

He's leaning against the wall with his foot on the locker. He looks. . . dangerous. That's just what I need! Maybe he'd understand my life, or at least be interesting to hang out with.

I keep walking but slow my pace tremendously. I see his eyes on me and I can't take mine off him. He has brown hair like I, but his might be a little darker. He's quite slim and probably has a six pack under that black hooded jacket and white polo. Stupid dress code! From what I can see, he has coffee colored eyes, great teeth, and a sexy grin! He's probably a bad boy with a sweet side.

One of his friends, I'm assuming, that was turned the opposite direction turns to face him. "You ready to go to first block?'' he questions him. Noticing his distracted appearance, the friend follows his gaze to discover his distraction, me. I quickly look away, power walking the rest of the way to first block without a backward glance.

As I reach my first block class, I quickly take my seat and start to get my things out for this class. Oh my Gosh! I scream to myself in my head. Why would a guy as cute and handsome as him look at me? Me!

Shortly after I get seated, the bell rings and everybody gets quiet. I sit there trying and failing to concentrate on the morning announcements. All I can think of is him. What's his name? Is he new here? Does he have a girlfriend? Is he a bad boy? Where does he live? Does he do bad things? And most of all, why was he looking at me?

After the announcements we dive straight into our computer work. **Sigh. I know how to type, okay? It doesn't have to be perfect!

I walk to lunch by myself as usual. ***Sigh. It's kind of sad how often I'm left alone. What's also sad is that today's spaghetti day. I hate the school's spaghetti. It's so, gross!

I walk to the group I normally sit with but rarely talk to. Jeremy is talking about his being forced to watch his little sister this weekend, and is asking the group for babysitting tips since this will be his first time.

I finally reach the point where I can't take any more of their terribly boring conversation so I transfer my attention to observing the room.

I know probably half of the people in here, but I begin to wonder if the people I do know know me. They call my table to get food so I hurry to the rapidly growing line. I look around once again. Okay, so maybe I haven't forgotten about this morning, and maybe I am curious about him. He seemed so, different, good different.