Chapter 3 I'm not that invisible am I?

Chapter 3 I'm not that invisible, am I?

I walk into the house and put my backpack on the couch. School wasn't really bad today. Better than most days actually, but it still could have been better. I think I scored fairly well on my math test, and I'm pretty sure I got a good grade on my science. I'm hoping my science grade is an A, but if it's not an A, it will be a high B. For math, I'm just hoping I got a B. . . Okay, C at the lowest.

I suddenly remember my English study notes. I've been trying to forget them for two reasons: One is that it's English, and English hates me, two is that I have a test everyday this week! Really, why do I need that many tests in a week? I get my studies and slowly walk to the table, set my papers down, and grab a glass of milk and some chocolate chip cookies.

The cookies and milk make these study notes slightly more bearable. I glance at the clock and see it's only 3:30PM. Mom doesn't get home until about 5:30PM, and dad won't be here until 6:00PM. That's if they don't call saying they "have" to work over.

I dive back into my notes and try to concentrate. Sometimes concentrating is a hard task for me especially if it's something like this, studying.

*****Space*****

"Wake up!" I hear some voice calling me.

"W-What's going on?'' I slur together.

"You have a lot of explaining to do!'' I hear the voice say to me, almost like it's angry.

I raise up my head in a daze. Where am I? I look around and see a meadow. This person who I've never met in my life and I are the only things in it. "Who are you?'' I question, still half asleep and completely confused.

"I'm your worse nightmare!" The voice says starting to laugh and then the hands that belong to the voice start to reach up to me. I try to scream, but it's too late. . .

I awaken to discover that I have fallen asleep with my head on my study sheet. Great! Slobber, all over my notes. I glance behind me and see that the clock says 7:02PM. Huh? Why hasn't mom, or dad woken me up?

Before I get out of my chair to check on my parents I start to think back to the dream I just had. It was horrible! It was a guy, a guy that looked just a few years older than I. He had light chocolate hair, with a little blond in it. He was taller than me, but I don't know by how much. His face was kind of blurry so I can't remember that, but that doesn't matter. It was scary.

Why do I keep having these dreams?

Bad dreams! Is this a sign? Could this be a sign?

I fumble out of my chair almost falling, but grab the chair for support in just enough time. When the room starts to spin and I feel as if I'm going to throw up, I'm grateful for my grip on the chair.

"Mom?'' I yell. I wait a second, no answer. "Dad?'' I call. Wait. No answer. I start to run through the house calling their names and am answered by silent. They're not downstairs. I rush upstairs and call for them once again. Still no answer. I start to freak out! I run back downstairs and look for my phone.I dial my mother's cell phone. "Come on! Pick up!'' I say to myself. It rings then goes to her voicemail. I snap the phone shut with a harder force than I intended. "Okay," I say out loud to myself thinking.

I reopen the phone and dial my father's cell phone number. My dad rarely uses his cell phone, but I might as well try. It rings and rings and then, just like mom's, goes to voicemail. I shut the phone again with slightly less force than a second ago.

I run to the front door to check if cars are in the driveway. Maybe they just didn't hear me, and I didn't see them. No vehicle in the driveway.

I start to pace around the living room with my cell phone in my hand. I keep looking at my cell phone every thirty seconds to see if they've called me back. Zilch.