Chapter 13 he cant die. He can't!

Chapter 13 he can't die.  He can't!

"I got some news for you two" the doctor slowly tells us after he gets us out of the room and into the hall way.  I take in a deep breath.  Please say this is good news, not bad.

"As you both know we took some test when we brought him in.  The test came in and we got them.  We gave you what we thought would happen when you two asked but now we got the truth.  What we told you before was half correct but not all the way.  Yes it is true he lost a lot of blood and will not remember everything, but there's more.  Right now he seems perfectly fine, but he's not.  Within getting the concoction he's possibility might be growing a tumor on his brain.  We're going to watch it very carefully but there is a chance he still not all the way out of the sea." 

I gasp and put my hand over my mouth.  A tumor!  Like, cancer?  How!? "How can you get rid of it?" I blurt out in a complete daze. 

"Well, we could shrink it and let it stay there and be ok or if it doesn't get too big we could do surgery on it.  The only thing is that both ways there are risk." He answers in such a serious tone. 

 "What kind of risk?" I ask. 

"There are a few, but the number one of them is death" he tells us. 

"Death?" I squeak out.  I drop to my knees and put my head in between my legs.  I cover my ears with my hands ad start balling.  "He can't die.  He can't!" I keep saying through tears.

"He won't.  He's going to live." I hear Damon's mother tell me and feel her cold hand on my back.  "Which will be safer?" I hear her tell the doctor.

"There's no telling, it's different for each person.  I'm sorry." He answers her with. 

 "Thanks" she whispers and then I take it he left because then the only sound I hear is my crying.

*****Space*****

"Where have you been!?" my mother yells through the phone. 

"I've been out.  Busy.  I'm sorry."  I tell her shaking with fear. 

"Busy?  Doing what!?"  She shouts even louder.

"I've been with a friend.  A friend that's gotten hurt." I whisper trying to think of something different so I don't start crying again.

"Which friend?" she questions not dropping her tone one bit.

"Why has it taken you what? Three days! To finally call me!?"  I change the subject to not give anything up.

She doesn't answer me.  It falls into silence.  I got her.  She knows I'm right, that she hasn't and that's wrong. 

 "I got to go" I tell her and she doesn't even say bye she just hangs up without another word. 

I walk back into Damon's room and the second I get in Damon goes, "Who was that?"  

"It was my mother" I answer him.

"Oh.  Does she know that you're here with me?" 

"It's complicated" I sigh.  

Today has been a better beginning to things between Damon and me, I believe.  When I try to tell him things to remember he acts like he really wants to remember me and not just sitting there zoned out.

We hear a knock on the door and Gretna goes and sees who it is.  "Hey Ms. Damon's mom" I hear a similar male voice say. 

"Well hey.  I take it you want to see Damon, he's in here" she leads him in the room and I see its Damon's friend.