☘︎ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠

she awoke to a blinding light and warm hands

hands that khadijah recognized immediately.

"you brats," her eyes followed the bright silhouettes of the children from her past, watching them laugh and run away, surrounding her. how much of her past life followed her here? her souls, the children she cared for--were they so attached to each other they couldn't leave her alone? reaching over to the brat who was still holding her, khadijah gingerly pushed her away, smiling softly. "you all should've moved on." her eyes glimmered, following the movement of her children as they pointed over to the tower.

they were pointing right at the top, right where her prey was.

licking her lips, khadijah hummed in amusement. "shall we go pay him a visit?" she watched them all laugh before they ran through her, saying the goodbyes they couldn't long ago.

without any hesitation, she blasted her way to the top, crouching as she locked eyes with the bastard king. smiling amusedly, khadijah took a step forward, her grin only growing with every step she took towards the prince who began sweating.

"y-you--leave us!" his squeals of fear set her heart ablaze, heartbeat reaching her ears. "we--i, i al-already accepted my def-feat!" the tears streaming from his eyes made hers glow, khadijah lightly chuckling before she suddenly appeared in front of him. "then," her dagger met his mouth and she watched as he gasped in shock, holding it. "you won't be needing that anymore, right? the mouth and tongue that caused so many people suffering," she pushed away the cowardly brother, kicking the king over to the edge of the tower. "the hands that commanded people also need to go, don't cha think?" she laughed when he tried to speak, sighing as she walked away. "you're really lucky i'm in a such a good mood," she watched the stream of rukh disappear from view, making her smile as she waved goodbye. "you would've flattened on the ground, bones broken and twisted."

she jumped down with laughter, hearing him try to curse her out. his new appearance reminded her of a folklore she once heard about; about a ghost with the permanent smile from ear to ear.

"you--! i thought sinbad knocked you out!"

khadijah tilted her head over to morgiana. "he did, the bastard."

"no--i meant why are you here again?!"

"am i not allowed to be--" she wheezed when the young fanalis dug her fingers into her stomach, kneeling on the ground when her open wound began to actually hurt. "you," khadijah promptly took off her shirt, summoning her fire before cauterizing her wound. maybe it was because she hadn't done it since she was alicia, but khadijah had almost let out a noise of pain when she began healing her wound. "did that on purpose, didn't you?" she looked over to morg, blinking when the girl was crying with a serious expression.

uh.

what the fuck?

khadijah blanched, her hands getting clammy. "morg--"

"have you even seen your clothes!" at the sudden mention of her appearance, khadijah looked down at herself, whistling when she noticed all the bruises and blood coating her pants and open skin. glancing over to the shirt she had taken off, khadijah smacked her lips--it was tattered and covered with blood. "you're injured and bleeding! you could've died while fighting the enemy!"

"you were struggling there at the end," alibaba added on, his eyes narrowed and teary. "your magoi was depleting and you didn't care."

tilting her head over to aladdin, khadijah raised a brow in question.

"you should know your limits, oneechan."

"were you all worried about me?" she stood up, ignoring her wounds as she threw her arms around the trio. "i don't have any interest in meeting the god of death anytime soon." she leaned back to wipe morg's tears, flicking their noses as she grinned. "until i have what i want, i'm not dying."

alibaba blinked. "when we were fighting you said again."

"i saw the death god long ago," khadijah winked. "and i overpowered them."

"you must be a goddess then."

turning around to face sinbad, khadijah shivered when the air around him vibrated. her hybrid colored eyes began to glow, reaching over to his accessories before she felt his power zap her fingertips, an electrifying thrill running down her spine. "on the contrary, the only god here might be you," she ran a hand down his chest, pressing a chaste kiss against it. "sinbad."

he ignored the small vibrations coming from his djinn, throwing the question of why they reacted to the woman to the back of his head. today was a celebration for balbadd and he wished to enjoy it before he began another adventure.

quickly throwing the injured khadijah over his shoulder, sinbad smiled cheekily. "i'll go take care of her injuries--" he gulped, feeling her run her fingers over his exposed skin. "you all rest easy."

"i hope you don't lose them again," khadijah hissed in pain when he gripped her thigh, whining when he practically flew over to the beach. "i thought you'd be taking me somewhere else."

"come with me."

she quirked a brow. "where?"

"to my kingdom, sindria."

khadijah flicked her eyes over to the serious prince, noticing the lack of playfulness he usually held. while the waves of the ocean created a soothing tune, she was confident she could hear his nervous heartbeat. "do you want to tie me down, sinbad?" she stepped closer to the king, smiling as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "to make me yours?"

his breath hitched and he remained silent.

khadijah stepped back, tucking away a strand of his hair behind his ear. "i'll go with you, seeing as how aladdin and the others will be going as well." she turned away from the man, walking back to the children. "come find me when we depart, i need to tend my wounds."

she felt his hand wrap around her wrist and she chuckled softly, sinbad's breath tickling her neck as he whispered into her ear.

"is it so bad to want you?"

her own lips brushed against his ear, khadijah smiling.

"what a dirty flirt you are."

sinbad continued holding the woman, practically forgetting about her wounds. "having you around is fun." he flicked her forehead when she looked offended, laughing when she blinked. "let's go."

she ignored his hand, walking side by side.

"i haven't been on sea, so if i look green, knock me out again."

"i should apologize for that--"

"you should."

"i'm sorry."

khadijah looked back to the sun, smiling as the small rukh flying about finally dispersed.

--
my lovely murdering machine loves her children.
that concludes the balbadd arc!

i say this a lot, but i'm really thankful for the support.
thank you guys and stay safe 💛