☘︎ CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

a blissful reunion

"you drugged me!" her head throbbed as the screams got louder, khadijah grunting when aladdin sent her a cheeky grin

"you drugged me!" her head throbbed as the screams got louder, khadijah grunting when aladdin sent her a cheeky grin. he continued his smile, getting closer before she softly pushed him away."y-y-you're a monster!"

leaning against masrur as her head continued to throb, she sighed when he reached over to lightly ruffle her head, mumbling a small thanks when he covered her ears from the shrill screams and accusations of sinbad forcing himself on the princess he stopped her from killing before.

"god." pisti covered her mouth in amusement, scoffing at khadijah's expression; it was scrunched up in pain, annoyance and subtle anger rolling off her in waves. "did the woman you took home mess you up that bad?"

"sorry i'm getting more action than you, flatty."

glancing over at the person who was glaring holes into her, khadijah noticed a newcomer lightly bow in greeting. he was a prince of the kou empire, sent to sinbad as a result of his negotiations. and although he had a scar crossed over his left eye, khadijah had noticed how the duller color of his eyes shone brilliantly with the same anger she had when she was younger.

well, it's not like her own disappeared either.

"what do you think of him?" her companions stepped forward, watching her eyes glue themselves to the prince.

she turned away. "he's a nobody."

"you committed a despicable act!" her heard throbbed again, khadijah sucking her teeth as her annoyance began to turn into pain. "you drugged me after consuming alcohol and t-took advantage of me!"

when sinbad began pleading for his innocence, claiming why he would do such a thing in a foreign place where he's trying to be in good terms, with a princess nonetheless, khadijah had snorted in amusement when all his generals deadpanned, cackling when they began to insult him and list all the sexual harassment he committed when he was drunk.

stepping up towards the king, khadijah tilted her head in greeting. she couldn't hear kougyoku as masrur covered her ears once again when the little girl had began screeching and screaming about her. "i can't hear anything your saying," she glanced over to sinbad, clicking her tongue in disappointment. "to think someone like you became my 'favorite' person."

an arrow rammed through his heart.

someone like you?!

smiling when masrur stepped away when kougyoku finished her greeting, khadijah turned over to koubun who pointed over to sinbad. "then to fix this situation and to take responsibility of this mess, you should get married with her highness kougyoku."

ja'far quickly stepped forward, nodding in agreement. "the empire isn't someone we should be making an enemy of.. a political marriage between them should fix everything."

watching sinbad approach her with a small smile, she shuddered out a breath, stepping backwards before his arm snaked around her waist. he quickly positioned her in front of him, chin on her head as he held her from behind.

she, even though those words still rang inside his head, calmed him.

"yamraiha!" he was angry, she noted. "prove my innocence!"

"are you sure? i can only show what happened."

"princess--"

"yes, please do! i want to know what happened."

locking eyes with the princess who was glaring at her, khadijah licked her lips, leaning back into sinbad who warmly smiled. she felt her heart flutter when her glare turned venemous, hands shaking as she held them together.

the poor brat was jealous.

whining when sinbad turned her away to face yamraiha, she gave her teacher a wink.

for the next ten minutes or so, while everyone was watching the blobs of sinbad and kougyoku do whatever they were doing overseas, khadijah had locked eyes with the man who was kougyoku's aid. he was glaring at her, his hand hovering over his sword. she ignored his disrespect for the time being, humming when he began to grow paler by the second, watching his little princess sob and cry.

he was the culprit.

removing herself from sinbad's hold, khadijah quickly threw her arms around the two men behind him, whispering into their ears before she wrapped her fingers around koubun's slender neck, bringing him down to his knees as she grinned.

"koubun is at fault," they quickly spoke. "he planned everything."

"you fools! don't you want your promo--"

"i haven't killed in six months," her hold began to grow tighter and his unsheathed sword fell from his hands, gasping in pain as he tried to claw at her arms. "i'm sure death is a good punishment for someone who tried to.. well, make sure his master got forcefully bedded and impregnated."

everyone surrounding them had flinched; she sure didn't mince her words.

"you also planned to frame a king from a different country, and if this situation was spoken to your king, we would have been led to war." her grin began to grow, eyes glowing as the skies seemingly grew dark. "hey ja'far, would it be bad if i killed him?"

"not really." he shrugged.

before she could snap his neck, khadijah watched as the prince stepped forward, going down on one knee as he bowed his head. he began to apologize for the nuisance that was happening, asking nicely that she release koubun and allow them to punish him.

sighing in annoyance, she instead kicked the bastard over to his master, walking over to masrur and morgiana before dragging them away for a duel.

she missed ja'far spitting on the man.

(ง'̀-'́)ง

jumping around with morg as she showed off her newly crafted metal vessel, khadijah sat between aladdin and alibaba, watching her place them around her ankles, showing them off with a shy smile.

"it looks beautiful."

"yeah! the chains look like decorations that dancers wear!"

aladdin climbed onto khadijah's lap, grinning. "show them off!"

khadijah wheezed when she kicked her chains over to them--they had wrapped around their heads and her neck, and when the young fanalis apologized and brought her leg back, khadijah choked as she accidentally pulled them all forward, slamming their heads against the floor.

"sorry! i'm sorry!"

laughing as she ruffled her hair, khadijah fell backwards. closing her eyes, she allowed herself to fall asleep in the presence of these three.

she was bored.

when would things get exciting again?

--

thank you guys for the support 💛