Chapter 5 - First Kiss

Love is not about how it starts or where it ends

Love is not about how it starts or where it ends. It's about divinity and interest! Respect for your partner and confidence in the Idea of Love!

We were at highschool! My friends are I are a group of 4 people who do everything together, from bunking classes, cheating in tests, and screwing things, having fun, studying, and working together! It was the busiest time of the year; School carnival and festival were just 3 days away They are all Fundraiser events; All the people from our class were busy preparing for their fundraiser's events. We did not plan any this time! We were helping our class girls with their food stall. We were all set, preparing the menu, gathering materials, checking on stall spaces, and more!

The event was over a weekend and this time it was bigger than ever before! My friends, The girls and I were tired so we decided to go to the cafeteria and take a break! We were all sitting in a corner planning on what to do next and what tasks to complete before school closes! That's when a brilliant guy from my pack decided to call a game while we were resting! The Truth or Dare! At first, I said no, but after 5 minutes of people compiling me to join the game, I was in the game and I was giving a dare for one of those girls. We usually start easy, so I asked her to gulp down her cold coffee in one shot! - SHE DID!

Eventually, It was my turn and  I chose to pick dare! - A friend of mine asked me to tell a girl who was ordering at the cafeteria that I love her and see her reaction. I slowly looked at her to get a clear view of her and It saw Maya, She is from the music class and fucccccckkkkkkkkk! Coz, She proposed to me last month and I asked her to wait! I turned to these guys and said no, I would take the punishment instead! They said, then you will have to kiss that same girl! - It was better not to take that step so I decided to propose to her! 

I gathered all my courage and walked up to her with the coffee in my hand. I pulled out my kerchief and wiped my face clear of sweat while I was walking up to her. I acted like i was bumping into her and I said "I love you" instead of "sorry". I taught she would react weirdly or just walk away, but she said "I love you too"! I was shocked, mouth wide open, No idea what I just did and for some reason, she looked gorgeous that day and her perfume just kept the moment in the air. I couldn't reply! No way! She was looking into my eyes and I slowly turned and walked away in shock! My god! She was beautiful that day in her loose basketball jersey and a few strands of her curly hair dangling on both sides of her face. She was sweating a lot!

I turned back and said, Ill text her later and I left! My friends asked me what happened and I said! Nothing happened! - I told them, she said "Aha, No duddd" but what happened there was soo damn blissful!

I went home that night and texted her! She asked me, what changed my mind? I didn't have an answer! I asked her not to talk about what happened at the cafeteria and diverted the topic to something different. We were texting each other until the carnival!

On the carnival night, everyone was busy with the arrangements they need to make for the events, and my guys were preparing the fireworks. I was with them preparing the triggers for the fireworks. That's when Maya texted me asked me to come, join her at the entrance of the park. I asked these guys to take over. Took my coat and went to meet her at the entrance. I was walking fast looking down at the floor as I was walking thinking how I would greet her or say hello! As I was nearing the entrance, a notification popped up and I was replying to my friends. Momentarily, I slowly looked away from my house and at the first stall and found Maya. She was gorgeous, She was wearing a beautiful white frock with pink lace and high heel shoes. She had her curly hair tied up in a bun. Seeing her, I unconditionally slowed down and looked straight at her, with a nice wide smile, and said "Hey, You look beautiful today", She blushed and said, "Thanks, you look handsome, Blue Suits you". I said, thanks!

It's been a while, we were walking side by side, talking about random things! Then, she laced her fingers with mine and we were holding hands while we were walking around the carnival grounds. Time passed and our friends joined us! They asked me if there was something between me and Maya. I said no, there is nothing like! 

Later, These guys were excited about the Ferris wheel and they decided to hop on one for a ride! We got tickets too. We got into the compartment and she was sitting right opposite to me. It was only the two of us and we were already there! After the ride started, she switched seats, she got up from there and sat next to me. She held my hand and laid her head on my shoulder and said "I never taught this would happen" & she got close. I got close too!

It was a moment of total silence, Just the breeze flowing through, carnival lights below us, mild noise of the crowd below. I was looking straight into her eyes, she came in close, the same perfume, She placed her soft lips on my lower lips and that made our very first kiss!

You might have not started right! But love is the only feeling that's felt at one's most vulnerable! Love is Love!