Chapter 4 - Long Distance

Love is an emotion, love is a feeling

Love is an emotion, love is a feeling. Love is something that is beyond common understanding. We love people, We love animals, We love the weather, We love materials, We love food. A few say Love is a small quotient of constant happiness in life while other few define love as respect, passion, interest. In the field of sports, Love means Null, Emptiness, or non-valued space! Either you truly believe it or not! According to Oxford, Love is complex. A mix of emotions, behaviors, and beliefs associated with strong feelings of affection, protectiveness, warmth, and respect! 

Even According to Greek Mythology, Love does not have a proper explanation or definition! Love is Love!

I finished high school and really wanted to leave India for further studies. I applied to various colleges in The United States, UK, and Canada through an Agency, and finally, after a month-long struggle, counseling, and other formalities, I got into Standford University, California, United States. I met with the agency and they had a common meeting for all students leaving for Standford. I attended the meeting and that's when I saw this guy, Aarav from Chennai. We were all set to start our journey, another amazing journey to California the following week. I found Aarav's number from the agency desk and texted him because he was the only one leaving from Chennai to Standford. We shared messages a few times and it's Sunday already and we had to leave for California! Unfortunately, I did not meet Aarav that day! I taught he rescheduled his ticket for later however, that was the toughest part because of the immigration.

California was all bliss! I moved in, settled at the university residence, I made friends and we went out together at night and casually spent the evening together. I was still wondering about Aarav because it was too late for him to arrive at the residence.

He never showed up! So, I texted him! I sent him a WhatsApp message and asked him about his arrival at the university and he said, he won't be able to make it to the University. I was pretty shocked. Being an Indian Student, studying at Standford is like a dream and no one would miss it simply just like that! Did I ask him why? what happened?

Aarav: I' couldn't make it, There are a few concerns here. Family, Funding, and all that is kinda hard to settle in! I really wish I had come. I really miss being there already! So how is the city?"

Sara: Shit dude, that must really hurt so much! You should have come! Anyway, the city is amazing! The weather here is classic! I fell in love with the city! The Residence is soooo much worth the cost we paid and to be honest, I would love to study here forever"

Aarav: Ahaa! Seems like you are having fun! Classes starting this week right!?

Sara: Yeah, This Thursday, and I already saw the classes and lab! They are like... Bomb!

Aarav: Wowowwwwwww! I really wish I was there! Anyways, the food?

And we continued texting and eventually I got his Instagram Handle and sent him a request! He accepted it! We started talking on Instagram and sharing pictures over the first month! Tho there was a huge time difference he texted me every evening, My time and His time somehow managed to settle! So, I didn't have anyone from home here so I kept texting him and we shared a lot over time. His hobbies, personals, My passions, and many more! He was doing his Bachelor's in Artificial Intelligence at IIT Mumbai! We shared pictures, we face timed and eventually Somehow, even without my knowledge, I fell in love with him! I don't know how to explain, how to express my feelings! But, yeah it was unique and different. Every time he texted, My heart pounded and I was used to hearing his voice! It was unique! He gave away hints that he has an interest in me and I totally understood what he felt like coz, I felt the same way! I didn't want to confess first! I wanted him to confess and eventually, another month went by, and finally, I couldn't hold it any longer! I confessed over a video call! How did I confess? That's for an other Season, of One chapter Stories!

He didn't hesitate! He knew it would eventually happen! He smiled and said! I had feelings for you too and it just went by just like that! Now, the difference was we officials are in a relationship! Now, staying apart for a month felt like a year already! I never believed in Long Distance relationships but in my case I guess, It really happened and It lasted longer than I expected. Now, it would take another 5 months before I return back to Chennai, India for my holidays, and Staying apart felt so hard! He facetime every day until I slept and only then he would take up any other work! We shared every other problem. I helped him Study, He helped with my presentation and practicals! He was smart and highly knowledgeable!

Now, I am at the airport and I am going back to India! It's been 9 months since I left India and today, I am so eager to go back! I just checked-in and am waiting for the boarding! A long flight I arrived in Chennai and Aarav is waiting to meet me outside! I'm here near the baggage belt waiting for my bag! It feels longer than ever before! I took my bag and I am walking out to the International Arrivals! Seeing him In-person for the first time, my hand just Shivering and I'm having all kind of emotions and the next thing I remember is I am hugging him tight and he said

" I LOVE YOU "

Love is not about just physical pleasures or status! Love is a mix of emotions, behaviors, and beliefs associated with strong feelings of affection, protectiveness, warmth, and respect! It's beyond science! 

To All the long-distance relationships! Your love is divine! Love is Love!

*****************************************************

Your Feedback is Valuable for us! Please Leave us your Comments, Vote, and Share!

STORY BY: ANUDHEEP SRIRAJ
NARRATION: 
SNEHA MURALI
EDITORIAL: KARTHIK B
SUPPORT: ABHINAV SRINIVAS, KARTHICK LOKESH
WRITTEN, DIRECTED & EDITED: ANUDHEEP SRIRAJ