Chapter 8

'What's he being so rude for?' I thought as I turn off my phone. 

I went down as I heard the doorbell rang. I had invited Jaemin over as it's been a while we haven't hung out just the 2 of us. I opened the door to see jaemin in a blue shirt and black jeans. Today we plan to walk around, eat, shop, and take pictures, mainly Jaemin. 

"Hey Hae! Are you ready to go? Wait a minute.. You're going out looking like that? Is pajamas the new fashion trend I don't know?" He said looking at my attire. I looked down to see that I was still wearing the oversize t-shirts and shorts I wore last night. How stupid of me. I was so busy working on the assignment that I actually forgot to get ready. 

"I'll be right back!" I quickly said and ran up to get changed. I came down wearing a black t-shirt and white pants, carrying my bag consisting of my phone, wallet and other essential needs. I wore my black converse and took my house keys. "Okay now I'm ready to go." 

It was a warm, sunny day, the perfect weather to walk around. It wasn't too hot as it was in the middle of autumn so even though the sun was up and bright, you could still feel the wind blowing giving a cooler satisfaction. As I walk with Jaemin, I felt the cool breeze blow against my face. I closed my eyes for a brief moment, breathing in the fresh air. 

"I missed this." Jaemin said looking around. 

These pass few months have been really busy. We only had time to hangout at school or in one of our house for groupworks. Our weekends are busy with the stacks of home works and projects that are starting to pile. We text and call often though, keeping in touch with each other's lives out of school. 

"Me too..." I sighed. 

As the day went on, the English project is shoved to the back of my mind, the fun taking over. Jaemin and I had spent the whole day eating and shopping, and now we are prepped in front of the infamous basketball arcade game. The atmosphere suddenly turned tense, both of us firm on our stance, our competitiveness showing. We agreed that the one who loses has to pay for our dinner.

"You haven't played basketball in years. You're going down!" Jaemin said right before the game started.

"I ain't paying so Bring it on!" I retaliate. 

As if on cue, the buzzer sounded and the game started. Personally I was never a sports-person. I would rather sing in front of a crowd than run laps around the soccer field or practice serving the volleyball across the court. Not that I hate it, I just don't have it as a hobby, with the exception of basketball. Basketball is one of the only sports I enjoyed playing when I was younger. Back when I was younger, around 11 years old, I had joined a basketball competition and had been the cause of my teams loss. I had felt so bad and discouraged that I actually quitted basketball to focus on my studies. After a few years I had grown to really miss playing. Sadly with the rising standards of my father, I had no time to get back into playing. 

Thinking about the past, I nearly forgot that I was in a match against Jaemin, my hand running on autopilot since the start. The nostalgic feeling soared to my body and I played twice as fast. Jaemin himself was a good player, joining the school's basketball team with Jeno. At the end the match was tight and I managed to win with a point or two. 

"Wow I didn't know you were still THAT good at basketball. You should try-out for the team!" exclaimed Jaemin, astonished at my skills.

"I'm flattered but nah, I don't think my skills are good. Besides you're way better than me, you even got in into the school's team and besides, I haven't played basketball in 4 years." I reminded him.

"Even more. You haven't practice in a long time and you still beat me. I am in the basketball team and yet you could still beat me. Your energy and stamina is pretty good and your dynamics are still great. Our team could do with a member like you." 

"Thanks but no thanks. I don't have enough time for it, I'll need to focus more on my studies." I said slightly sad that I declined another opportunity to get back into basketball. 

"Really? Studying? You already study like 24/7." Jaemin exaggerated. "You have to let loose a bit. Do what you like, hang around, have sleepovers or parties. All you do is go to school, study, go home, study, and then sleep. That schedule on repeat. It is not good for your mental health."

"I know Jae, I know." I sighed. "But I can't afford to disappoint my dad. You know how high his standards are. I have no time to fail in school."

"Hyuck you're already really smart. I doubt you would fail even if you didn't study. I'm not saying you shouldn't study. Just know that I am here to add some fun into your life. Just call me up and I'll be there." Jaemin said while pulling me to a hug.

"I know Jae. After all that's why you're my bestfriend." I responded returning the hug. "Now you know I can't stand sappy vibes so cheer up, we're going to go eat dinner and buy some boba after that."

"Still not happy I have to pay." He grumbled and we both laughed at his comment.

An extremely short chapter. But anyways I was busy with preparing for my final exam and is currently still in the middle of the exam week hence the slow update. Or.. I'm just an extremely lazy person who wants to continue with the plot but is too lazy to type. idk._.